Hello, from South America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, from South America

Hello ! my name is Giorgio, i'm 23 years old, from Chile. I've been reading this forum for quite some time now, but never presented. So now that our car has been experiencing some first mods, i guessed it was about time to show our car ( mine and my brother's).

We own the car for about 2 years now, a 1995 S2 ( ABY ) , bought with 150k km on it. Still in great running condition.

First, some pics:

Things done to the car until now:

- New OZ ultraleggera 17 wheels, on 235/45 tires
    - VDO Boost gauge (pics soon)
    - Black Painted front grille + S2 badge
    - New blinkers and fog lights
    - Fixed driver seat, leather worn
    - Fitted AP Racing 4 pot caliper with oversize discs
    - K&N panel air filter

Brake pics:

Last edited by giorgioS2; 29 September 2008, 21:19.

Comment

Looks tasty in black!! nice one

Comment

Bom dia !
        Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

Welcome neighbor!

My wife was in Santiago just last week. She had nice things to say about Chile. Wonderful food and wines!

Comment

neighbor? from atlanta to chile? ;-) Tom, what about your broken leg?

Nice car over there, but tell me, how did the car came to chile? S2 and RS2 were never exported to the US thus i´m just wondering about the fact how it could manage to come to Chile. Did you import the car from europe?

Wolfgang
            S2 Coupe ABY
            S2 Sedan
            S6 20V Avant
            www.audis2.de

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
              neighbor? from atlanta to chile? ;-) Tom, what about your broken leg?
              My foot is better now.

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
              Nice car over there, but tell me, how did the car came to chile? S2 and RS2 were never exported to the US thus i´m just wondering about the fact how it could manage to come to Chile. Did you import the car from europe?
              It is my understanding that there are a few S2 and RS2 in S. America. In my quest for an RS2 I was considering importing one to S. America and then driving it up through Latin America and Mexico. Wolfi, you knew I was crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by dedin View Post
                Hello ! my name is Giorgio, i'm 23 years old, from Chile. I've been reading this forum for quite some time now, but never presented. So now that our car has been experiencing some first mods, i guessed it was about time to show our car ( mine and my brother's).

We own the car for about 2 years now, a 1995 S2 ( ABY ) , bought with 150k km on it. Still in great running condition.

First, some pics:

bienvenido

el coche lo importaste de Europa???

mola que te cagas el coche en negro la parrilla y tal...

(did you imported your car from Europe???)

(your car its very nice with the black paint in the front grill and the trims )
                RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                  My foot is better now.

It is my understanding that there are a few S2 and RS2 in S. America. In my quest for an RS2 I was considering importing one to S. America and then driving it up through Latin America and Mexico. Wolfi, you knew I was crazy!
                  That would be a road-trip alright... You MUST be crazy, cos the path you have chosen is much more complex - but so much more challenging, so hats off to you.

Greetings to Chile as well - it just amazes where these cars turn up !
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

As far as i know, Audi Chile imported directly from Germany some S2 units back in 1995 ( like 3~4 cars) , aswell as some RS2 ( 2, max 3 ) that were broughten for car expo.

Gracias por los comentarios Rocco, como dije, fueron importados directamente por audi en el año 1995 hasta donde yo se.

Next to come: suspension parts. I'm trying to find all the parts in the US, because importing from Europe is much more expensive.

I hope that on a near future we can mod the engine, our plan is to go up to 450hp, and make it a good road car, with some track use during the year.

Cheers guys
                    Giorgio.

Comment

Bonus pics:

My daily car: 2008 VW Bora 1.8T , unitronic chipped, K&N, FK suspension, rear lip spoiler.
                      My Brother's: 2002 VW Golf GTI 1.8T, K&N, unitronic chipped.

Comment

Originally posted by dedin View Post
                        Next to come: suspension parts. I'm trying to find all the parts in the US, because importing from Europe is much more expensive.
                        If you need any help with sourcing parts from the US let me know. I understand how difficult it can be getting parts for these cars.
                        Last edited by saltinot; 30 September 2008, 22:14. Reason: corrected typo

Comment

Working...
                        X