Some pics of the old tub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics of the old tub

Did a bit of spring cleaning today and finally got round to taking some pics of the car. So here it is

1994, ABY, homefry, hispec 4 pot brakes with 314mm A8 disks, koni shocks w standard springs, RS2 arbs front and rear and all with only 61500 miles

Expect to see a much cleaner engine when the samcos arrive along with the possiblity of bigger (17" avus replica) wheels and new ss exhaust in the not too distant future.
    Attached Files
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Some pics of the old tub

Another......
    Attached Files

Comment

Some pics of the old tub

Another.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Some pics of the old tub

Another..........
        Attached Files

Comment

Some pics of the old tub

Last one of the engine. Will be a LOT cleaner in the next month or so
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks good for a slipper mobile! Did you wipe the dog spit off the back windows aswell?!
            On a serious note, i do like the avants in that colour
            Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Nice looking car m8. It was covered in road salt like everybody elses when I saw it at Greg's garage meet.

Originally posted by Beetie
              Looks good for a slipper mobile! Did you wipe the dog spit off the back windows aswell?!
              BTDT.
              Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Avant S2
                Nice looking car m8. It was covered in road salt like everybody elses when I saw it at Greg's garage meet.

BTDT.
                This silver colour suits the kombi very well. Nice car. Beautyful mileage. Like mine.
                Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
                  This silver colour suits the kombi very well. Nice car. Beautyful mileage. Like mine.
                  What you guys trying to say silver only suits the avant aye aye

Yup a very well cared for model definately no OLD TUB.
                  Rob W
                  04 Audi S4 Avant
                  55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
                  92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
                  1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

You know what I think of your car Leigh.

It's crap.

Heheheh no no, only kidding. It made me want an avant after going in it, especially with the kid around the corner and the whole practicality/pace package, especially yours which is as near as dammit 'new' save for those invisible (to anyone else) faults you keep finding with it.

Just needs an RS2 upgrade

To echo comments of those already posted, Very nice motor!

Paul
                    Last edited by APNess; 24 April 2004, 23:32.
                    'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Wow,

your car is like a twin sister (are our cars male or female? ) to mine, except I already have the 17" S4 avus replicas you're talking about (not in my avatar though, those are my 16" winter wheels). When it comes to technical mods you're way ahead of me. Mine is bone stock.
                      Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

Hmmm, if i could find a similar mileage in silver i'd probably buy it, especially with a wee one about to arrive!

Looks great but get the engine cleaner out!!!!!

Cheers,

David
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Cheers for the positive comments guys

@ APNess - stop trying to make me spend my money on an RS2 upgrade, if you keep suggesting it it will probably happen. There are loads of faults but then I am a bit of a perfectionist

@ Markus - my car is an IT - never thought of cars as male or female really. I want to repalce the wheels with exact replicas of the current ones just bigger. A compnay called Replica wheels do an exact copy in 17 and 18 inch.
                          As for mods I would definatley recommend the RS2 arbs. I've been 'testing' it recently and found that the handling is now just about dead neutral. No noticable understeer anymore and very slight oversteer if you *really* try hard. Not sure if the Konis help a bit (they were on the car when I got it) but the arbs have made a difference.

@ David - The engine is not clean enough for my (annoying) standards . The plan is to take the cam cover and the IM off when the samcos arrive and have then grit blasted back to a nice clean matt finish. Then I'll repaint the black intake pipe and the WG cap, replace all the vacuum hoses and put the samcos on. Whilst I'm at it I'll repaint the intercooler.

Recently been thinking about a retrim (cloth at the moment). I'm considering black leather with very dark grey alcantara in the middle of the seats and on the door cards. Anyone got a pair of RS2 front seats or know a good upholsterer? I have been quoted about £900 for a complete retrim in black leather - is this good or bad

Comment

Originally posted by Dr H
                            Cheers for the positive comments guys

@ Markus - my car is an IT - never thought of cars as male or female really. I want to repalce the wheels with exact replicas of the current ones just bigger. A compnay called Replica wheels do an exact copy in 17 and 18 inch.
                            As for mods I would definatley recommend the RS2 arbs. I've been 'testing' it recently and found that the handling is now just about dead neutral. No noticable understeer anymore and very slight oversteer if you *really* try hard. Not sure if the Konis help a bit (they were on the car when I got it) but the arbs have made a difference.
                            My 17" wheels are an exact copy of the S4 wheel (slightly different than the standard S2 wheel). IMHO, they suit the car very well. I'm running ET35 with 225/45R-17 tires and don't have any clearance issues.

I'm definately going for the RS2 ARBs. I'm not that keen on lowering the car since we get quite a lot of snow here and I think that stiffer ARBs would be a good way of getting rid of that excessive body roll without lowering the car.

Have you run your car with the RS2 rear bar and stock front?
                            Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus
                              My 17" wheels are an exact copy of the S4 wheel (slightly different than the standard S2 wheel). IMHO, they suit the car very well. I'm running ET35 with 225/45R-17 tires and don't have any clearance issues.

I'm definately going for the RS2 ARBs. I'm not that keen on lowering the car since we get quite a lot of snow here and I think that stiffer ARBs would be a good way of getting rid of that excessive body roll without lowering the car.

Have you run your car with the RS2 rear bar and stock front?
                              Markus

I do like those s4 wheels and was going to try and get some but then I discovered the 17" avus replica. It will keep the car looking stock - well almost anyway

I changed both arbs at the same time so can't say what difference just changing the rear will make. But I would guess that it will reduce understeer and give a better balanced car. It's amazing how it is only slightly bigger but does make a real difference

Leigh

Comment

Working...
                              X