• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use hks style cone filters?

as above if so are they any good?

Originally posted by nip View Post
    as above if so are they any good?

we need your pictures first

pd. me for example i am using "pipercroos" cone filter and it works perfect,and the noise it´s awesome
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

HKS filters flow well but don't really filter that well TBH - the Apexis are the best dry filters IMHO, better and cheaper than the HKS ones
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

i have the hks, works fine for me!

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

They flow well like i said, but have you seen the stuff they let through though? Quite a lot of very fine particles.. not great.

Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

thanks alex , atm im using a itg filter d size, its a bit big to mount behind the headlight so i thought a hks style one would be better to mount and less room. Wheres the best place to get an apexi filter mate?

Comment

they're pretty compact too the Apexi ones.
              you can get universal ones in various neck sizes, theres normally some on ebay and loads of the ricer shops will sell them
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

cheers matey

Comment

the hks is good. if you use a bigger turbo it can be useful on our cars due to the shape.

i dont think that on a turbo car its as important to get super good filtration as on say a G60 corrado or Golf with a supercharger due to the way air is stacked as apposed to compressed and the way the SC compresses has a tendancy to wear more.

i use a unifilter WRC filter for a subaru. it has a surface area around 4x that of the HKS. i expect it filters even worse but i have had no issues following buses and wagons into manchester daily. the intake on the turbo is spotless.

Comment

Any pics on this Uniifilter?

Comment

thanks gaz, im only after a small filter to take about 400bhp, small enough to save space and place around the headlight. super moderator jamo

Comment

ioll see if i can get some pics. still not done a thread on my contraption.

the filter is a largeish cylinder fits down the front behind the frontmount where i expect the aircon pump would be. never ever gets warm down there. also gets a regular oiling from my leaking return lol.-

Comment

nip, what happened to the airbox then? If you 'modify' it like I have then you get cone filter noise and OE cold air feed. It's also free
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

cold air feed does nothing once on boost. the amount of air being used by the turbo doesn't have time to get warmed.

using an airbox would be a big restriction to me.

not sur eif it would work for S2 but on corrado the innerwing was used as the airbox and housed a big cone filter. a cold air feed was run from the brake duct up. this provided a big area to act as an airbox that was outside the engine compartment with the larger suface intake area of a cone. best of both worlds.

maybe an idea to try for those who wont use a cone filter in the bay. i think the reason usually is they want it to look factory though.

Comment

Question is then can we create a pipe that fits inside the standard air box to fit a cone filter in there? A short bend and a bit of cutting may do the trick? THoughts????
                              Dark Grey Avant
                              RS2 FARB
                              Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
                              Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Working...
                              X