Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GazzaG60 project jellycar

HI all

as some of you are aware i have taken to modding the S2 like any ohter car ive had so thought it was about time i wrote about it and what i have done both here and in the past.

firstly me. im 31 years old and live near Oldham. I am an IT manager by trade but love to work on car modding.

my first car was a scirocco Scala. i bought a written off scirocco storm and swapped over the engine, interior,wiring loom, fuel tank etc to get the leather, injection engine and othe rstorm bits. then cam e the corrado. i bought a G60 corrado. modded it using a custom front mount kit i put together, 65mm pulley, bigger injectors, 044 turbo FPR and a full 2.5" system. tuning was by SNS and i tested a few chips for them at the time. car went as well as a 300hp subaru.

on to the Audi. well i was building a race spec 16vt motor looking for 500wheel and about a month before i was ready to start fitting the car was destroyed by a woman who i should have burried.

along came the audi. a 96 S2 coupe in amazon pearl green totally standard.

within 3 months i had a big turbo and exhaust fitted along with the wagner tubular at quattronics. i limped the car home on the motronic. it would stall due to the extra amount of air the turbo sucked in when getting moving.

i fitted the VEMS then straight away. with help from teppo kalaske i had her running in no time. megamanual.com is your friend if you use megatune.

the car was then tuned and pulled 321hp and325lbsft at 5krpm on the rollers on the standard injectors. fuel was running out at that point.

i then fitted the 650cc injecors made a few small changes to the vems and run around like that for some time. power estimated at around the 400 mark.

then one day i was chasing a mate up a hill and as i reeled in tyhe golf gti and went to take him and the van he was coming up on i felt a wobble. eased off towed it home.....

i found no damage when stripped other than the headgasket a little iffy. the paper one.

i decided to sort things at this stage.

i did the full chassis bushes and suspension along with the engine to a higher standard. as high as i want to take it as a road engine. more wagner parts came and that leaves me where i am now with some future plans.

i will write in detail where possible what i have done. im off to take some pics as they speak thousands of words.

I saw your s2 at the last leeds meet,looked good,and it sounds
    it'll be interesting to see how it all came together,i seem to remember you saying that all in all the setup was quite wallet friendly-something else that appeals
    so what are the future plans?
    It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

im going to add some pics over the weekend i hope.

plans wise i get new ones all the time. current objectives are to try and get faster spool and also to make the target boost of 1.8 bar which i hope will be touching the 500hp mark. i plan to experiment with the 7a cam set and some adjustable timing gear. may even wash her at some point too.

Comment

Glad to see you've put up a project thread, look forward to hearing more and seeing some pictures

look forward to hearing how you get on with the 7a cam as i've got one of these as well for mine.

Comment

we i got some ramp access tonight so hope to take some photos and wash the salt off her.

Comment

Working...
          X