Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member and new RS2 owner- need help!...please !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member and new RS2 owner- need help!...please !!!!!

Hi there,

I'm a long time Audi fan/owner who moved to Vancouver, Canada 6 yrs ago...........i've now "bit" the bullet and just bought my dream car- a 94 RS2 in RS Blue !!!!.............wow, i'm excited !!
    Its getting shipped now !

I have not owned anything like this before, and as there is nothing like this in North America, parts etc are going to be a problem !!!!

Can anyone help with a good parts supplier for service items etc....i will need parts straight away, also its a early car with the non sport steering wheel and wood trim.....i really, really want a sport steering wheel and carbon trim......anyone know whre i can source these from ???????

Any help to get me started on this "dream" will be greatly appreciated !!!!...big time !

I also believe , I possibly have the only RS2 in North America at the moment...unless someone knows better ?

Thanks Mick

basically the jungle of parts is the german ebay. you need to spend hours on finding stuff and then convicing them to ship to you basically.

otherwise audi over there shouldnt have a problem supplying you with original parts,even if they were never imported.

Comment

for tuning parts you always have 034motorsport.com, Javad is a great man there! for parts, look here at s2forum or german ebay.

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Thanks, i'll check it all out.......................I really need a parts supplier for service items like filters, timing belt etc etc................someplace that will ship to Canada.....................Thxs

Comment

I didn't know you could import such a thing into Canada - thought it had be certified by similar DOT regulations to the USA... Or is being imported on some sort of special classic or showcar license ? Just curious. Good luck with it... An RS2 would be a fantastic machine to drive from Vancouver up to Whistler and beyond. It would be right at home on that mountainous terrain. Would be easy to enjoy the drive a bit too much and end up in Saskatoon !
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Welcome Micko... finding new parts for your rs2 is going to be limited to the s2forum's part dealer "Pete Reeve" aka (quattrocorner) or ebay for used. I would recommend just waiting for the right parts to pop up and not jump on the first thing if you want clean oem parts. Is it a RHD or LHD? Anyway I am up in the Pacific Northwest also. Congratulations
            Cheers mis amigos,
            _Anton

Comment

As far as maintenance items, it shouldn't be to hard to find parts on this continent. The engine is very similar to the URS4/S6, so keep that in mind. For the items you are looking for yes, Europe is really the only option. Also keep in mind that the most of the body panels you can source locally as well, however some of the panel trim will be different. Congrats on the purchase, I'm envious.

And to Paul, Canada is a little bit different the the USA, they will allow imports on any cars 15 years or older... since he bought a 94 he won't have a problem registering it.

Comment

Thats a nice 15yr rule... I have a feint notion that I heard of this before - couldn't recall if it was existing or future legislation. Good Canadian common sense policy there. All the US folks need is a loophole that says you can import cars if they have previously been registered in Canada - LOL.
                Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                  Thats a nice 15yr rule... All the US folks need is a loophole that says you can import cars if they have previously been registered in Canada - LOL.

lol I'm waiting too Paul...I'd love a right hooker S2
                  Cheers mis amigos,
                  _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
                    for tuning parts you always have 034motorsport.com, Javad is a great man there! for parts, look here at s2forum or german ebay.

034 ???

I will post a thread with problems encounter when dealing with 034 over the last 5 year's, I do not have a good story

But I will wait For Javad response first !!! to my issue

Thanks
                    RS 2 580HP

Comment

Thanks Guys, yes its 15yrs old as per date of manufacture.....but adding all the shipping costs and taxes ..it ain't cheap !!!!!

Its a 94 LHD with only 110k kms......and appears in good condition, good paint, interior etc.....i'll post pictures when it gets here.

And yes the road to Whistler is going to be great....i live along the road (Lions bay)....so know the road really well.....its my daily commute !

Comment

Yeah it's a nice road to Whistler, just spent the last 4 months there!!

Comment

Wow, will be cool to see some pics of this one... I had been wondering how long it would take for this to happen, I contemplated buying a '91 S2 coupe left-hooker and sending it over, spent some time in southern alberta and wanted my own toy to rag in the rockies!

That 15-yr rule is brilliant, when I looked into it there was about $6k in costs to get it all shipped, inspected etc but yeah I believe you'll now have the only RS2 in north america! Perhaps one day I'll do it hehe, I do miss Canada.

Good luck with it

Ross
                          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Markarina View Post
                            Yeah it's a nice road to Whistler, just spent the last 4 months there!!
                            My favourite bit was a strangely eerie blue/green lake up near Summerland. Spent a great month touring about up that part of the world... From sea to sky just like the brochures.
                            Paul Nugent

Comment

anyone have a way of translating German ebay ?????????..................is there na trick to it or is it just muddling thro...............my germans **** !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X