got my baby back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my baby back!

Got the s2 back after nearly a week after she failed to start(turned out as I suspected to be a knackered fuel pump)

Only driven her for a few miles but has definetely cured a slight stutter I experienced at low speeds. Pleased about that.

It has also (strangely) cured another prob. Whenever I used to start the car I got the (!) flashing on the display with three beeps. This has now stopped???????? maybe disconnecting the battery to fit the new pump reset something? Dunno but I pleased about that too.

Just need to get the wheels aligned and sort out a boost leak(dump valve hose) and she should be back to full fitness.
    Jon

91 3b S2

Now Sold

It is interesting you say that the (!) warning has gone away. Mine did that every morning before it went to the garage for a clutch change. When I got it back it did not do it for nearly a week. Now it has started again and does (!) every morning and sometimes during the day if it has been left a long time! Interestingly they did NOT disconnect the battery when working on my clutch but it may have been something to do with changing the master cylinder on the clutch??

The (!) mystery continues and I will wait until it does it driving before I have any kittens about it!!

cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

strange one the old (!)

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
      It is interesting you say that the (!) warning has gone away. Mine did that every morning before it went to the garage for a clutch change. When I got it back it did not do it for nearly a week. Now it has started again and does (!) every morning and sometimes during the day if it has been left a long time! Interestingly they did NOT disconnect the battery when working on my clutch but it may have been something to do with changing the master cylinder on the clutch??

The (!) mystery continues and I will wait until it does it driving before I have any kittens about it!!

cheers,

Steve.
      Mine used to do it every time i started but if I drove a mile or so up the road , switched off the engine then re-started it would go away.

Be interesting (and a pain) if (!) returns.
      Jon

91 3b S2

Now Sold

Comment

Originally posted by jon_91_s2
        Mine used to do it every time i started but if I drove a mile or so up the road , switched off the engine then re-started it would go away.

Be interesting (and a pain) if (!) returns.
        Yep, mine only does (!) once after a long stop (> a few hours) and I suspect it is the bomb throwing up the error. I am not sufficiently worried as the car passes all the brake tests there are....

Cheers,

Steve.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Mine does it first thing in the morning, and stops after about three beeps. After that it doesnt do it again.
          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
          X