No announcement yet.

My RS Blue RS2 (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked, my home town is Scarborough can't believe such a beautiful example has been hiding there without me ever seeing it. Wow look after it well it looks amazing, enjoy.

Comment

• Comment

• cool thread still...

Comment

• And some more pictures!

Comment

• Fantastic pictures. Each can be wallpaper!
            sigpic

Comment

• I'm having a weird problem. The fan starts running immediately after I turn the key (even without starting) and the volt meter doesn't work. Suddenly the volt meter works again and the fan acts normal again, then the volt meter stops working again and the fan starts running at full speed again.

I guess it's some kind of sensor? Any ideas?

Comment

• Maybe bad contact in the ignition lock?
                At least on UrS4 and UrS6 it is a typical problem.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Check your fuse box lid and make sure it is sealing correctly. I had some weird electrical problems on a B4 80q once which I found to be caused a shorted fusebox. The previous owner had not secured the lid which allowed for the ingress of water.

Comment

• Bad earth on engine?

Faulty temp switch on bottom of Rad - although unlikely to cause voltmeter to fail...

Le Mans 2012
                    Nurburgring 700
                    1995 S2 Avant

Comment

• I had the fan on all the time on my old coupe and that was down to water ingress into the fuse box and causing bad connections, shorts in the box and relay.
                      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Amaizing car!

Your rear right door looks a diffrent colour!

Comment

• The door was repainted by the previous owner and it was a bad job!

Thanks for the tips, i'll try your advice.

A video I made yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9gEcUm1Vhc

Comment

• As I'm running a detailing company and I had to remove the instrument cluster to replace some lightbulbs I took it a little further.

I'm currently replacing all the lights and repairing some electronics so I needed to remove the instrument cluster and I detailed it.
                            After removing everything I degreased everything using a mixture of alcohol and water, plastics were cleaned using Blackfire. To make sure there's no dust left I used compressed air to blow everything out. Everything ready for polishing!

To remove all scratches I used Menzerna PF2500 with a rotary and green Gloss-it pad, followed with a blue Gloss-it pad and Menzerna FF3000. Finishing very slow and with very little pressure is important so there's no hazing left in the soft plastic. We prefer rotary in this case because it vibrates a lot less.

I finished the job with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid to remove all the residu and to be left with a perfect finish. All this had to be protected so I choose to use Swissvax Zuffenhausen carnauba wax. This wax is specially made for Porsches but as the RS2 is in fact a hidden Porsche... The guys from Stuttgart had something to do with it you know!

Pictures

Some hazing after the first correction.

And finished!

Comment

• looks better than new

Comment

• RS blue is my favorite car and i totally enjoyed all of this snaps which are shared in the post and i have saved one image from it to set it at my desktop as a wallpaper.
                                wedding bands
                                wedding rings
                                anniversary rings

Comment

Working...
                                X