Like the new look??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audiman
    1965 rings a bell to me too. But then there are loads of dates I should remember and cant! Mothers day and fathers day to list just 2
    The best one is december 31st 1972. Before that Vehicle excise duty ( car tax) is free

It's my first Fathers day ( I think it's this Sunday)

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
      The best one is december 31st 1972. Before that Vehicle excise duty ( car tax) is free

It's my first Fathers day ( I think it's this Sunday)

David
      Floppy,

the car looks very good. Also the rear lights. Are you considering spacers on your rear axle? It would do good to bring them rear wheels to the edge of the arch. Those wheels would love this imho. Maybe the front too. Beautyful bumper. Convincing. Finally another outstanding Nederlandse car. Zenithal Ravage used to drive one......
      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Originally posted by Floppy
        i know needs to be cleaned up (samco's in the future)
        Yep,

saw the car at Audiparts when my 100 Avant was serviced.
        Looking good.
        Personally I don't like like metal rims around the clocks but that's me.
        Outside is looking great.

I am considering Spacers on the rear wheels but am afraid it will influence the roadbehaviour in a negative way.
        Any experiences on this??

Where did you get the 180 degree curve between the KN-cone and the MAF??

Regards
        No power, no glory!
        S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

s2carlo: it's what dahlback offer , heat-shield , 180 degree curve with silicon tube and filter. For 210 EUR !!!! + VAT.

Originally posted by s2carlo
          Yep,

saw the car at Audiparts when my 100 Avant was serviced.
          Looking good.

I am considering Spacers on the rear wheels but am afraid it will influence the roadbehaviour in a negative way.

Regards
          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

sorry for the change of subject Sweeper may i congratulate you on a fine choice of avatar!!!

Hmm might have to watch Cruel Intentions when i get home

Comment

Originally posted by s2carlo
              Yep,

saw the <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> at Audiparts when my 100 Avant was serviced.
              Looking good.

Regards
              Hey,

As sweeper says it was included with the dahlback set. Expensive i think but sounds supurb! Only i'm not satisfied with the heatshield, still much heat around the filter, so think i gonna make some extra custom heatshield which will be against the hood with rubber.

Also considering spacers but also don't know it will influence the road behaviour. Personally i think it isn't good for the axis or rims. My dad also want this on his pt cruiser gt turbo but the guy at the garage said it isn't good for your car. To bad because it looks much better. Any experience on this??

s2carlo: how much horsepower do you have now with your Mihnea chip?

Greets,
              Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper
                Floppy: I have the dahlback kit , never imagined how it should be instaled. Now I see .

But the problem is that I lost the actual K&N filter somewhere . What was the model or diametr of dahlback cone ?

Thanks,
                Vadim.
                Vadim, i can't find the box of the filter anywhere
                Must be at the garage

But the diameter of the cone is 15 cm and the length 20 cm. And the steel pipe diameter is about 8 cm. These measures can diverge. Very difficult to measure when the filter is under the hood. Hope you will find your filter back, but i think it isn't very expensive.

Regards,
                Tim

Comment

Floppy: Nothing wrong , just bought a new one. Inlet is 76mm , and diametr 14 and lenght is 19 . Bought a Green One .

Heatshielding is a bit undone by dahlback. I'm still thinking of adding cold air intake tube from the bumper to the filter , need to point it in a right way so it wouldn't suck in the water.

P.S. Jamo: Thanks , she's geourgeus
                  Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Floppy: Nothing wrong , just bought a new one. Inlet is 76mm , and diametr 14 and lenght is 19 . Bought a Green One .

Heatshielding is a bit undone by dahlback. I'm still thinking of adding cold air intake tube from the bumper to the filter , need to point it in a right way so it wouldn't suck in the water.

P.S. Jamo: Thanks , she's geourgeus
                    i was close and green is very nice

Was also planning to make a intake tube but don't know where to start.
                    Can you make a picture of yours when you have the intake tube? There's very little space but i think it won't suck in the water easily, if so maybe a small hole in the tube??

Thanks
                    Tim

Comment

How about one of these placed in the bumper? then attach an air hose to the back of it for air intake. Bit boy racer? Only 35 quid.

As the website claims :

GTT Elliptical Air Vent (ES135)
                      Another GT Tuning trademark (according to Max Power). Quite simply because so many cars out there wear them. Functional, stylish, inexpensive and easy to fit * a winning combination. Additional cooling to intercooler or radiator. Made from highly polished stainless steel (approx. 160mm x 60mm), they fit into cut-outs made in the front bumper in line with the lower section of the radiator and intercooler. The air ducts have a mesh behind them for protection and are recessed to improve the appearance. One, two or three could be used. They also fit many other cars!
                      £35 + VAT
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by audiman; 19 June 2004, 13:44. Reason: I forgot some text innit
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tim: Will check what can be done , will get my car back only on monday , it's in stealers hands right now! I'm getting chills when thinking about price quote for diagnostics and few problems repairing....

Will let you know once will figure out something.

Tom: Good idea but 70$ for a grill is a bit expensive :-] , I have a EVO 2 rieger type bumper so will likely place air tube in the left-front-lower side of the bumper :-] , will still need kamei type of grill to install for protection anyway.
                        Vadim.

Comment

Floppy: I have the dahlback kit , never imagined how it should be instaled. Now I see .

But the problem is that I lost the actual K&N filter somewhere . What was the model or diametr of dahlback cone ?

Thanks,
                          Vadim.
                          Vadim,

I have seen for some time that you love Dahlback. Don't you know that he is the most expensive supplier? I don't know many Swedish owners who buy from Dahback. You must be very rich.

Comment

Heh ,it's funny but I once bought a hell lot of parts from a guy who posted i-net advert on one of latvian boards. He had a lot of stuff and few was from dahlback , bought all of them for a penny !!! Around 1500$ to be sure. But they were worth 10000$.

It was the first time I ever discovered that there are companies apart from MTM (who is the most expensive!) that do audi tuning. I've read somewhere that dahlback buy from MTM bits and resell them.

Never bought a single bit from dahlback as they prices are scary indeed. + I don't have a credit card .

Now we have vagboys !!!

I never knew that there are any other suppliers in Sweden.

And no , I'm not rich. Would be great if I were .

BTW , I love dahlback for their interesting instalaltions. GOLF RSR for example.
                            Vadim.

Comment

Working...
                            X