Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I must be doomed. Has anyone noticed a big black cloud following me around?

I picked my car up tonight after having the samcos and catch tank fitted. First impressions we're it has a hell of a lot more grunt (obviously had some big leaks) but the power only comes in around 4000rpm!!!

Any ideas what could cause this??

The real problems started about half a mile from home when the oil pressure warning came on. It had dumped all of the oil and I had to limp it back to home. Now obviously driving with no oil is a big no-no but I've had enough of the f*cking thing so right at this moment I couldn't give a rats **** if it's completely knackered.

I've got to get it recovered back to the garage in the morning and arrange a lift to work (no mean feat when work is 35 miles away and i need to be there by 6.45am). God knows if it will be fixed by the weekend.

To top it all off my cd burner has died (so no family albums for Billing) and my router keeps dropping my internet connection.

I'm going to and . I'm thinking of joining Amish people. No bloody cars or computers. Just me and my donkey.

A very ****** of Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Originally posted by s2avant
    I'm sure I must be doomed. Has anyone noticed a big black cloud following me around?

I picked my car up tonight after having the samcos and catch tank fitted. First impressions we're it has a hell of a lot more grunt (obviously had some big leaks) but the power only comes in around 4000rpm!!!

Any ideas what could cause this??

The real problems started about half a mile from home when the oil pressure warning came on. It had dumped all of the oil and I had to limp it back to home. Now obviously driving with no oil is a big no-no but I've had enough of the f*cking thing so right at this moment I couldn't give a rats **** if it's completely knackered.

I've got to get it recovered back to the garage in the morning and arrange a lift to work (no mean feat when work is 35 miles away and i need to be there by 6.45am). God knows if it will be fixed by the weekend.

To top it all off my cd burner has died (so no family albums for Billing) and my router keeps dropping my internet connection.

I'm going to and . I'm thinking of joining Amish people. No bloody cars or computers. Just me and my donkey.

A very ****** of Ben
    Ben,

I know what you feel now. I had the same feeling of devastation when I went on my first real long journey with the coupe and as I proudly pressed the pedal to the floor at the autobahn entrance, I almost kissed the windshield cos the engine cut off and I had to drive with cautious pedal movements from the Hungarian border to Dortmund, that is 1000Km. I hope you manage somehow tomorrow.

Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

[QUOTE=s2avant]I'm going to and . I'm thinking of joining Amish people. No bloody cars or computers. Just me and my donkey./QUOTE]

I think they have asses......

David

Comment

i know how you feel. i hope you get it fixed,before you leave the ground,hehe!

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
          Me too. Mines now gone ****-up Where can i get a donkey

Comment

When you say 'dumped' all the oil what do you mean? Has it leaked out from somewhere?
            Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Ben, man...... what did you do in your last life time man????

Put the petrol can away though man, you'll regret it later....

Dean, what on earth is up with yours now?
              Martyn
              -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by jubjub
                Me too. Mines now gone ****-up Where can i get a donkey
                My Aunt got one from here: http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/

her name is 'Dusty', the donkey that is , not my aunt!

You can find Dusty here http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cac...lackmoor&hl=en

a nice place to go on holiday to get away from the troubles of cars...

David

Comment

Doh! Cars are never straight forward, sounds like the catch tank isnt quite right maybe? Cant think of any other reason. Check pipework etc? Did you fit it or was it done by a garage?

Dean, how have you managed to mess yours up?
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                  Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                    Doh! Cars are never straight forward, sounds like the catch tank isnt quite right maybe? Cant think of any other reason. Check pipework etc? Did you fit it or was it done by a garage?

Dean, how have you managed to mess yours up?
                    I re-read your post Ben and have to agree with Tom. if you are getting a big black cloud ( unless that was a joke) it sounds like you were 'hoovering' the oil out of the sump. i.e. inlet vacuum sucking oil and oil vapour through the catch tank. Is your inlet manifold oily at the bottom? and the MAF wire black?

David

Comment

The black cloud was a joke.

It appears to have all leaked out of the sump. Possibly the pipe to the fumoto drain valve has pooped off. I can't have a look at home as I don't have a drive and there's no where I can jack it up safely. I'm getting my old man (not the one with the donkey) to tow it to garage this morning.

I think I'm going to leave it at the garage until it's all sorted (there a couple of bits that need doing that there wasn't time for) so I'll be very nice to my boss today. Should be able to blag a van for the weekend if needs be. We will be at Billing!!

Slightly better mood through drink Ben
                      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
                      X