Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest dyno results

Power is at wheels not flywheel,

The 2 higher plots are todays results, the lower 3 are from a year ago when the car was standardish
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

/..
      Attached Files

Comment

Impressive gains!
        Silver Audi RS2

Comment

Hey Sal and all, I'm in the US now, Colorado, it's 0:24 here but about 7:24 in the UK and I'm not in bed yet...

These figures don't sound bad at all, but what amazes me is the fact that peak power comes in so low and then just tails off... Still, by using 25% driveline losses, this makes 630 Nm and 395HP at the crank, and still 370-ish HP around 6100 RPM...

I'm happy with this, real torquey results and low RPM peak power...

Now, out of interest, when did you get 296 at the wheels??? Was this on the previous full RS2 tune that I've mapped in Bristol?

Cheers,

Mihnea, definitely going to bed now
          '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
          info@MRCTuning.com
          Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea, I got 296 at the flywheel at the rolling road meet in Luton with rs2 turbo, em, intercooler and generic chip.

How come my power comes in so early and then tails off, is this ok?

Any comments from anyone else?

Sal

Comment

I'd have expected peak power much nearer redline myself. Torque certainly peaks early than I'd expect but there is no flat section either...

With 25% losses I get (316/0.75) to be 421bhp at the flywheel. Sounds like a silly number for an RS2 turbo - especially seeing as that was below 4500rpm. Weird - I'm confused !!!

Paul
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Nice one Sal, well Mihnea really. Word of warning mate, i see that boost peaks at 2.3bar! I have a bent conrod in my hand from running at 1.8bar. Be warned dude.
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

nice 1

Originally posted by audiman
                  Nice one Sal, well Mihnea really. Word of warning mate, i see that boost peaks at 2.3bar! I have a bent conrod in my hand from running at 1.8bar. Be warned dude.

2.3 bar now thats impressive

Comment

The first run produced 1.8kg/cm and 293@wheels

2nd run produced 2.2 bar(32.8psi) and 316@wheels

Is it possible from any of the curves to determine whether I've got a boost leak?

Sal

Comment

Sal - is this the place that takes your wheels off to measure the power/torque?
                      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                        Sal - is this the place that takes your wheels off to measure the power/torque?
                        Yes

Comment

if this was on org rods,it wasn,t bad.I wiil have changed the rods,very fast......they will be like bananas in th jungel,BEND or out of the block! 8-((

Comment

@caterpillar: this IS on original rods, and they are still straight and inside the block. Rods don't bend over 6 months, when they bend, they do bend instantly.
                            '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                            info@MRCTuning.com
                            Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2
                              The first run produced 1.8kg/cm and 293@wheels

2nd run produced 2.2 bar(32.8psi) and 316@wheels

Is it possible from any of the curves to determine whether I've got a boost leak?

Sal
                              I'm no expert by any means, but when I saw the curve with peak power @~4500rpm and torque curve with steep downhill slope that was what I was thinking. I'm trying to fix some small boost leaks on my car now, and my experience is that a small leak can cause a bigger power loss than one would expect. Have ordered the turbo to IC hose on my car, costs equivalent to around 180 Pounds. Grr..
                              Leif-Helge
                              -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
                              -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

Working...
                              X