Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about making the Avant my primary vehicle - am I mad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking dings!! Didn't think about that one. The Golf has picked up a fair few, most fortunately just marks that come out with a few minutes of working it with scratch-x.

Other than that, seems like I've got the right idea... when it was saving me £300/month in fuel to drive a diesel it made sense; now it's saving £50/month in fuel yet costing £60/month for tax and insurance.

Well I guess the next step im my 'project' is to clean the Golf, fit a replacement front grill and sort a tyre - selling it with the spare might be taking the piss a bit

And now I need a serious 'how to make a 3-inch exhaust family friendly' thread too.
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Just do like me.... Park on the empty side ofmthe car park. If that's not possible drive off and find somewhere quieter

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
        And now I need a serious 'how to make a 3-inch exhaust family friendly' thread too.
        Simple, you swap it for my Milltek

Comment

Seriously Dest, now we've both decided to keep our cars AND use tham as daily drivers perhaps we should get back to that swap discussion; certainly open to ideas as I can't take the fam out with it as-is. Better done before get rid of the Golf as well
          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by 93URS4Avant View Post
            Daily, hourly, minute by minute. Sometimes I wonder if I could install a 42" tv and play COD MW2 would I ever get out? Try running with 390bhp with joy just under your right foot!

insurance saving tax saving the extra it just costs to have 2 cars although i have thought about it but like you know in a day more or less any repair can be done. get the avant as a daily

Comment

daily over here....and thats 250 miles every week back and forth to work.....

Ross you will not regret it....make sure you have a decent stereo and enjoy....and I have the 3" system also....sounds lovely...wakes the entire steet up when I leave for work...:mischeif:

Comment

Working...
              X