The S4's new exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The S4's new exhaust

Been making stainless exhausts for a little while now, decided it was best to treat the S4 to one!

We decatted it, and made a twin 2.5" system from the downpipe back, into a 3" bore and one silencer.

Sounds like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiiIR3AhopU

Lovely 5 cylinder noise!

Although seems to have developed an irritating overboosting issue where it won't let the car boost to anymore than 1.7 on the digital guage, so I haven't even been able to enjoy it properly, boo hoo!

sounds nice

Comment

wasn't better to go twin 2.5 all the way out? That is like starting with 3" and finish on a 2.5" tail pipe... A twin 2.5" area is bigger than a 3" one. Sounds good anyway
      - Looking for a S2
      - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
      - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

dual exits would have suited the rear better !

S2 Coupe fully built.
        10.9 1/4mile 0-100 in 3.5secs
        Precision 6262 turbo
        The Green Monster

Comment

Originally posted by 20vQC View Post
          wasn't better to go twin 2.5 all the way out? That is like starting with 3" and finish on a 2.5" tail pipe... A twin 2.5" area is bigger than a 3" one. Sounds good anyway
          twin 2.5 is not better than 3", your referencing cross sectional area which is not the concern. In 2.5 pipe the back pressure is higher and flow is not as good as a straight throw 3" pipe

Comment

Yeah a twin would have suited better, but would have been a right pain to do properly, I really don't like the bumpers personally! Not really sure what the previous owner was thinking. A friend of mine wants the car

Tbh the twin 2.5" was more of a compromise as the downpipe bolts wern't coming off without snapping, we were on a bit of a time limit, I didnt have any twin 2.5" boxes around, and the 3" seemed like it would have hung really low due to the heatshield design.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
              twin 2.5 is not better than 3", your referencing cross sectional area which is not the concern. In 2.5 pipe the back pressure is higher and flow is not as good as a straight throw 3" pipe
              am i right straight throw / straight thru pipes (what ever they call it) give more horse power than stock pipes right? But the sound is OKAY for me i will give it an 8/10 if given a chance to rate it. the sound is kinda similar to my dc sports exhaust (or maybe i am not cleaning my ear very well. KIDDING). IMHO that is n-i-c-e! sorry for digging this up.
              Last edited by masterjohnson; 16 April 2011, 01:44.
              is there any premium membership in this forum? i wanna join! what are the advantages?

Comment

The S4's new exhaust

Nice sound don't suppose you make and sell exhausts for other cars as i'm thinking about doing my coupe.

Comment

Working...
                X