My new boat, oops I mean car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new boat, oops I mean car

5 cylinder 2.5 tdi 140bhp. goes very well for an old thing. Mihnea said they don't like more power due to the dual mass fly wheel but might just try it anyway and see what happens. being sensible as usual
    Attached Files
    S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

another
    Attached Files

Comment

Good old tubs they are. My parents used to have a quattro one. Great on fuel and as ever gripped well too
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

That's what I'd have if I didn't have an UrS6..
        Wheels look nice, could possibly do with being a little bit lower though.

Nice colour too.

Looks like a pre 1996 SE - expect the IR remote key to go through a set of batteries every two months, get an RF locking kit instead.
        1996 A6 TDI Quattro Avant, Xenon HIDs, A4 Autodipping rearview.
        Previous: UrS6 with RS2 bits.. <sigh>

Comment

I had an A6 Avant 140 for 3 years 80k miles which was excellent. I used the Tuning Box plugin thing which gave much better perfomance and economy (avg 47-48) with the downside of a smoke screen if you floored it !

Great car though, only niggle being the too low 1st gear.
          Dave

ex-Ragusa Green RS2

Comment

Cheers Lads

I am very impressed with the car. very quiet comfy and quite fast for a diesel.

It does need to be a bit lower

I tried a couple 1.9tdi's but they seem to be more for performance instead of towing, this thing pulls from 800rpm in second gear easy, the 1.9 seems to struggle with this type of driving. the 2.5 should be very good for the caravan

I have ordered a tuning box thing from TD Performance see how this does, I also expect some smoke, I think giving it more boost should reduce smoke. we shall see

cheers

Paul

Comment

hope it dont smoke as much as the racin tdi golf at combe at the weekend!

that was impressive on speed aswell as a smoke screen, lol
              '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

Working...
              X