No announcement yet.

pearl cabbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is looking really nice and makes me really need to sort the paintwork out on my coupe lol
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thx, mine could be better too though and will need a polish after I pick it up from the winter lock up again.

Comment

It will look nice on the Bolerors. ( Tyres - 225 x 45 x 17 ? ).

You might consider changing the rear wing radio ariel to black mast electric retractable ariel.

It will go up when your radio is switched on and down and when you radio is turned off.

The black mast is suggested, as you might decide to get a spare front bonnet grille and black out the chrome around the edge, and also around the exterior of front window trim. (Someone who vinyl “wraps" the paintwork on cars should be able to do your front chrome window trim in black). Also black powder coat the two door opening levers on the inside of the two doors.

Or you prefer the chrome trim, and therefore should get a silver coloured mast electric ariel.

The most important thing in my little mind is to change the bee string radio ariel out to an electric up and down vertical radio ariel.

You might have seen DickyP ’s thread on here about his green Cabrio and his desire to change the suspenion to KW or FK coilovers, may help youself also or just cost you money. And I know like all of us we said I won’t spend too much on the car.

My silver Cabrio is still very comfortable on Mk 1 S8s, ( 18” ), but is a bit high on standard factrory suspension, so keen to see how you both get on, with coil overs.

Annoyingly the Cabrio feels tighter in the front suspension than my ABY Avant.

Kind regards.

Comment

If it would be lowered than only a set of Eibach springs would do it for me. I have a set of Bolero's with 235-45/17 on currently, don't know if I will fit the 225 I have on another set of wheels.

I agree with the antenna idea, will leave the rest chrome though so it would have to be an metal coloured one. Any pointers as where to get one?
          Will not make too much work from this cabriolet, need to invest my time and money in another Audi.

Pics of yours with the S8 on?

Comment

pm me your e-mail address.

Comment

I'd also like to see pics of your silver cab with s8's. I've recently bought a silver 2.8 final edition cab for the summer. It's on boleros now. Coilovers turned up a few weeks ago but haven't had time to fit yet
              Gav
              S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Gav mate are you still doing the red one with the S2 engine and stuff or have all plans changed?

Comment

Pete has it now mate.
                  Family and work commitments have taken priority over mucking about with cars for a while.
                  S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Finally back on the road and through the MOT in once
                    It needs an Eibach lowering kit now..someone got a spare set?
                    Attached Files

Comment

really looking smart ! currently trying to persuade my dad to get a pearl white cabbie ... he's too stubborn, and he has a set of RS4 18's sat aroundwaiting for it ! ...

Sam
                      93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
                      93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
                      90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
                      95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Comment

don't know if 18'' is the right choice for a cabby, but a pearl one is always good

Comment

18"s for sure but you need the height for it to work right, I should know as I currenly have the only 4x4 cabby on here!!

Comment

Well..I like a bit of comfort in my cabriolet and it doesn't feel good to drive a stiff cabriolet on bad roads.

Comment

Working...
                            X