Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im sick, lighning has struck twice and it ISNT amusing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quattro, cheers for the PM but all sorted now, BIG up yourself for the offer though

Lads, i would NEVER ever use a gun on a cam pulley bolt for any reason!

cam is held in place by use of a spanner, 24 or 22mm if i remember correct, then torque up the bolt (cam pulley bolt)

as said in first post when then tensioner failed after a donkey **** did a belt on its own and it broke...
    i replaced with parts from Audi dealers:
    cam pulley
    cam pulley bolt
    water pump
    tensioner wheel
    inner crankshaft pulley

didnt cut any corners and everything was torqued 100% correct.
    i locked the flywheel by removing crank sensor and locking it with a pry bar in the ring gear teeth

Sean

gonna go look at dahlback/034 pulleys and cam sprockets now me thinks for when the cams go in
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Better change the crank pulley as well. Holding the crank with the ring gear WILL crack the key on the pulley.
      Aux belt pulley is the thing to lock the crank. You need the tool or make one.

We are only trying to help. Its failed due to incorrect assembly. Audi parts only go wrong that way.
      Please don't blame the "tools" .
      Rob..
      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
      87 UR 20v ABY
      97 S6 Avant
      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

As Rob says, change the crank pulley again. When you torque up the bolt you need to lock the pulley not the crank, if you lock the crank the pulley will try to turn with the bolt when you tighten it and break the key.
        sigpic
        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
        X