Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Paul finally got an Avant..

Well it took him lomg enough to find one! and he got a good one:

It looks familiar to me though... I've seen it before somewhere?? different number plate maybe.....
    Attached Files
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Result !
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Looks nice and shiny - should have got a coupe though - after all, they are faster, sexier(a lot), cheaper

What kind of wheels are on it?
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Hhmmm.............very very familiar.

So the VAGparts boys never did get a third Avant

Leigh
        Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

About time huh??? the big girls blouse....

I did tell him to get a coupe, they are WAY more sexier than those coffin carriers! those little beautees for wheels are Oettinger's only 18" though, small fry huh Doug??

Martyn
          Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Damn, Leigh you sussed it....

We gave up on a third one, just not out there.... as you correctly spotted! this is actually matts S2 Avant!!! Matt being the girls blouse he is, actually nice bloke... sold his S2 to Paul! Matt just bought a A4 1.8T Sport (and is paying MORE to insure it!! )

Pauls happy, Matts happy result all round I guess! besides Matts girlie didn't like driving the S2... women.. what do they know???
            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf

..... only 18" though, small fry huh Doug??

Martyn
              tiny
              Attached Files

Comment

OK I have to come clean over this. I had PMed Paul re a few adverts I had seen and he told me that he might be buying Matts car.

Having said that, the coulour and wheels are pretty unusual so It wouldn't have been too dificult with your hint.

It looks good, what's the spec, mileage etc?

Leigh
                Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Damn check out those 19's!! they make all the others look like hub caps Nice shot Doug!! that's magazine quality

The spec on Pauls Avant:

Pretty much stock... RS2 Milltek, RS2 ARB's, 18" Oettingers. 120K, leather, 4 spoke airbag (horrible) steering wheel (Sorry Doug...) wood trims, YUK... (sorry again Doug ) aparts from that, she is nice. A little slow though... when mine was stock, we had a side by side blast, the blue one was a fair bit slower than mine. The DV is fitted the wrong way round! that'lll be sorted.

It's a good car, very straight. Much better than a Golf Gti that overheats and jumps outta gear ;-))
                  Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Damn check out those 19's!! they make all the others look like hub caps Nice shot Doug!! that's magazine quality
                    Next meet we need to make more of an effort to get them all lined up and get some proper pics.

4 spoke airbag (horrible) steering wheel (Sorry Doug...) wood trims, YUK... (sorry again Doug )
                    No need to apologise because I hate the wheel and i'm going off the mahogony

I'm thinking of getting a used S4 wheel (if it fits - Alistair has found one for me) and get that, along with the gaitor, wooden bits and seats(centres) redone in black, or dark blue, alcantara - I think that will look coool

the blue one was a fair bit slower than mine. The DV is fitted the wrong way round! that'lll be sorted.
                    Have you had a boost gauge on it - I did a leak test and I'm getting a leak down there - can hear but couldn't see it in the dark - I'm wondering if mine is leaking as it's the wrong way round - I think(what's the correct way round - vacuum pipe horizontal or vertical?)

Comment

Doug,

Alcantara would look the dog wotsits! a big thumbs up on that idea! Like I said... if you want to buy my 3 spoke black leather non airbag wheel.... £70.00 it's yours!

The DV, the wrong way round is with the small bore vacuum pipe pointing upwards. It should be laying down to the left. if you still have an OE valve? cannot remember if you said you had a different one?? then they seem to be VERY prone to rubbing through on the front panel and leaking.

Can just see the small bore vacuum pipe coming out to the left in the picture:
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Cheers for the offer of the wheel but I think insurance companies like to have them there if originally fitted - If it was just me driving it, I wouldn't mind my face getting mashed in a crash - but if hers got mashed I would have to find another burd and that cost £££s

I like the S4 type - I really liked the look of that RS2 one, actually I liked a lot of things on that RS2.

My Diverter (Forge) is the same way round as yours - time for all the pipes to come off - again :mad:

I thought you could get away with fitting them either way - there is a webpage sonewhere that compared all of the different diverters and tested them all both ways - with interesting results - I'll try and find it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bloomin hek, thats 1 nice looking Avant - kinda makes me want kids just so I can use the brats as an excuse to get an Avant! (Still and OAP carrier though... OK, a flash OAP carrier )

And Doug, your car just seems to get hotter and hotter every time I see it. I know Ive mentioned it before, but, when I first got my car I dreamt of modeling it on your car.

Finally, erm... gonna ask 1 stupid question, erm, is it Paul Nugent who bought the "flash OAP carrier"?

Right, now gotta jet off and do some work

Comment

It's a good car, very straight. Much better than a Golf Gti that overheats and jumps outta gear ;-))
                            Oi.......take the pi$$ out of my chuckle bus,it's a thing of beauty
                            S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Doug wrote:
                              I thought you could get away with fitting them either way - there is a webpage sonewhere that compared all of the different diverters and tested them all both ways - with interesting results - I'll try and find it.

Doug, it's here:
                              http://dv.mistertam.com/

Mark.
                              Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
                              X