Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My S2

Hi,

I've been on here for a while as I own a UR Quattro RR and I'm building a SWB car of which there are several projects on here. Anyway I've recently bought an S2 with a view to taking out the engine and then selling on the bits.

Since I bought the car on Friday, three things have happened as follows:

1. The car is too good to break (I think).

2. I don't have the space to break the car.

3. Someone on here now has an engine which I'm interested in.

4. My wife has given me a right b*ll*cking,........not that I'm scared.

So for now I'm going to have a go at fixing some of the problems with a view to putting it back on the road before selling on and maybe making a couple of hundred quid which will go towards the Porsche 996 monoblock collection fund.

The car is a 1994 ABY with 124K miles. It has all the MOT's and a FVAGSH. It's leather inside, there are some 18" rims on the car and it has ellipsode headlights or whatever they are called.

Faults I've found so far are:

1. Power steering pump leaking.
    2. Rocker cover oil leak.
    3. Sunroof not working.
    4. Drivers side window not working.

Other than that I picked it up and drove it back. At first it wouldn't rev bearing in mind it's been stood for 2 years in a garage, but after £25 quids worth of juice and about 15 miles into the trip it started to come alive.

Here's a couple of pics. to be getting on with. It's not a minter, but for under £3K it seems good value compared to my UR which is worth a lot more.

PS What colour is this? It's down as blue on the V5 but looks kind of a purple metallic.

Last edited by steverrquattro; 29 August 2010, 20:55.
    Steve

1990 RR 20V
    1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

under 3k? bargain!
    sigpic

Comment

Is that Acidburns old car? Looks good a real good clean and you there........
      Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

This is the one from Wakefield isn't it that had no MOT? It should make a nice car.
        Audi S2 Avant, 1995, ...and it begins with a Homefry
        Audi 80 Sport, 1986, ...my first car...wish I still had it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haaran View Post
          This is the one from Wakefield isn't it that had no MOT? It should make a nice car.
          That's the one. The guy who had the car has had some real bad luck and seemed genuinely sad to let the car go. However it does need one hell of a good clean.....no excuses though for the overflowing ashtray and some sticky bits on the carpet!

The plan is to order the gasket from Audi tomorrow and get the power steering seal from Topsparky and that should take car of the engine bay other than a radiator cover (anyone got one?) and a good degrease.

Next is to check over the bits for the MOT. After that the leather interior will be washed, shampood and a treatment of Gliptone leather conditioner to finish it off. Then comes the washing and waxing. Anyone know what colour it is yet?

I could also do with a set of mats as well as the radiator cover....will have a look through on here and see who's breaking a car.
          Steve

1990 RR 20V
          1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Try Johnnybravo

Comment

Originally posted by steverrquattro View Post
              radiator cover
              I have one hanging up in the garage, will check all the fixings are there if you are interested?
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
                Is that Acidburns old car? Looks good a real good clean and you there........
                unfortunately no, mine was turned into a rubix cube by the next owner

Comment

Hi Steve, that looks a really cracking buy for the money! Is the data sticker still visible if you lift out the little oddment tray in the boot? (I reckon the paintwork is Byzance as far as I can tell).

Keep us updated on your progress won't you.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                    unfortunately no, mine was turned into a rubix cube by the next owner
                    Saved you doing it.

Comment

looks pearl blue as per Pete's old rubix cube?
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        looks pearl blue as per Pete's old rubix cube?
                        Any pics. of the Rubix Cube as I've never seen one like that?

PS I've cleaned the headlining today and it's come up a treat. Also I've used a toothbrush and got all the grimey bits off the dashboard controls.

Last of all the leather interior has been washed with hot soapy water and it has come up brilliantly. All the fury stuff growing on the seats has gone and all it needs now is a small amount of Gliptone colour match on the bolster and then some leather conditioner and it will look like new.

Pics. to follow later in the week.
                        Steve

1990 RR 20V
                        1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

yes would love to see her all clean kids fault for the mess sorry
                          found them brake lines for you and that gto will look ace started work on her will keep you posted on pics
                          :mischeif:

Comment

Isn't that one of the optional lifestyle colours.. Byzanz Metallic

Lovely colour.

Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Update

Well there's been some good progress this week as follows:

1. The new gasket set has been fitted, so no more oil leaks.
                              2. A new seal has also been fitted to the power steering pump....of which I used a washer and a screwdriver in the end as the senior technician at Audi had 'no experience' of this fault or tool that was required to remove it!
                              3. Headlining cleaned. Please note the pic. shows before and after.
                              4. Leather seats conditioned.
                              5. Electrical faults fixed and now all rear lights are working.
                              6. Dash now showing 'OK' when car is switched on and brake pedal depressed.

Just got the leaking boot to fix now, I assume it's a common problem? Not had time for the MOT yet, but will give it a whirl on Pissheads as I'm under pressure to clear the drive + the UR has not been out for two months.

Here's a few pics.

Steve

1990 RR 20V
                              1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Working...
                              X