S2nowmobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2nowmobile

A few pics of my S2 doing sterling work during the pre-Christmas freeze. Bringing 30 gallons of unfrozen water to keep horses alive twice a day, after the entire water system on the farm froze up & the Range Rover died, as per..!

Unfortunately, the S2's engine's dead as well now, just as well we're not due any more snow......yeah right!!
    Attached Files

What's wrong with your s2 engine?

Comment

smoking like a kipper apparently

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49313

Comment

Bibby's old car?
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I read the other thread previously and commented but after reeding this are we to believe that the engine just started smoking suddenly ?
          By died do you mean started smoking ? Or do you mean would not run either ?
          If it suddenly started smoking then I would have to say that it's more likely to be the turbo that has let go and is dumping oil into the downpipe or a breather system problem , both of these I have had happen in my time owning 20v turbocharged Audi's, there was nothing wrong with the engines in question either time at all .
          In the other thread you also say that the bottom end has been roughly welded in various spots ?
          Could you elaborate on this as I don't understand what you would weld on a bottom end unless it had been crashed and something was snapped off ?

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
            I read the other thread previously and commented but after reeding this are we to believe that the engine just started smoking suddenly ?
            By died do you mean started smoking ? Or do you mean would not run either ?
            If it suddenly started smoking then I would have to say that it's more likely to be the turbo that has let go and is dumping oil into the downpipe or a breather system problem , both of these I have had happen in my time owning 20v turbocharged Audi's, there was nothing wrong with the engines in question either time at all .
            In the other thread you also say that the bottom end has been roughly welded in various spots ?
            Could you elaborate on this as I don't understand what you would weld on a bottom end unless it had been crashed and something was snapped off ?
            it was intermitant afaik then its just got worse, its had another turbo on recently so not sure if it did it before or not (old turbo made no boost at all) It smokes heavily now even under light load (enough to not see the car behind at 10-30mph.

Still boosted ok (althrough does sound like the diverter valve is knackered as its got a s1 sound to it)

Its on the side of the bottom end, the area the aircon bracket fits. Actual bores etc look fine so not sure. Whoever had it beforehands been playing by the looks of things. After speaking to Aiden/quattronutter we think its had a knock on the air con pump enough to snap off the bracket that holds it on.

Nice pics in the snow, certainly handles the weather better than my passat.
            Last edited by Acidburn; 7 January 2011, 16:43.

Comment

Working...
            X