Your opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion please

Can you please give me some information about this car.

http://www.standvirtual.com/carros/Audi/S4/P3233518/

As far as the engine goes? similar to s2? same tuning potential?

Too much Km? I would rebuild it in case I buy it so what do you guys think?

what to expect from this model?

Anything else you think is important, I am all ears.

Thank you very much
    Paulo

gearbox

The car is from Portugal. I've heard something about 5speed vs 6speed under tuning applications. can someone elaborate on that?

Cheers

Comment

The C4 UrS4 was built as a 1992, 1993 and 1994 model year car. Then it was followed by the C4 UrS6 from 1995 to 1997. All of these were powered by the AAN 20valve turbo inline 5 engines that were developed from the 3B and preceeded the ABY S2 engine and the ADU RS2 engine. Except for intake manifold-related differences, the AAN and ABY are identical. Both can be brought up to RS2 standards and beyond with RS2 hardware (exhaust manifold, injectors, turbo, etc.) Add improved software/remap and a 3.0 Bar pressure transducer and you are looking at 360 to 370 reliable crank horsepower without opening the engine.

The differences in the 5 and 6 spd transmissions in those cars involved the middle gears. (1st and 2nd were the same). In either case, the top gear (5 or 6, respectively) was the same ratio in both transmissions. 6 spds are better but 5 spds are fine. If you get one with a 5 spd, a 6 spd from a B5 S4 will fit and work fine (assuming it hasn't been abused - A6 2.7tt 6 spds are perhaps better candidates since they are less likely to have been abused.)

Good luck.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Yes, the engine has the same potential as a S2 ABY. The S4 engine code is AAN. I would't look too much at the km, your money is gone anyway.

The S4 is heavier than the S2 so it may not be as good as a S2 on the track. 6 speed is nice but not a must. The transmission is a robust 01E in both cases.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

thanks

Hi again, thanks for the answer. seems like a good business then.

My most important question remains:

Sedan or Avant? Sedan is 50 kg lighter but uglier in my opinion.

furthermore S Avants are the business. Is there something I am missing here? anything on favour of the sedan, handling? others?

I guess this car would see less than 5 track days each year and be daily driven...

Comment

Working...
          X