Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not an Audi but look at this milleage!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not an Audi but look at this milleage!!!

Now my daily driver until the S6 is back out of surgery.

Thats right 398k miles, it did have an engine at 376 due to a hose blowing off and melting a piston, but everything else is original, and for a Jag to get to this with NO ROT work in the past is unreal - well it has lived in rome!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

truly mental, can't see a jag surviving like that in the uk without major work

Comment

Holy ****
        1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
        A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

someone has loved that car
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            someone has loved that car
            or used it for drug running across the border

Comment

Wow, I like that!!!
              1999 A3 1.8T Quattro Silver
              2002 A3 1.9 TDi 130 6 speed.
              2002 TT Coupe 225
              1997 A8 2.8 Sport

www.cotswoldvehicleservices.co.uk

sigpic

Comment

That is pretty amazing. Seen one in as good condition recently but it is sat in a museum and doesn't have that sort of mileage on it.

Ming Cambells old one
                1990 Cq20v GTi Engineering RE2400
                1992 16v 80 quattro
                2004 A3

Comment

Was it an embassy car or something, lovely condition, nice find.
                  Shane

Comment

WOW what a find and quite the classic car even with that mileage it still be worth a bit due to its condition

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. Its really is unbelieveable, its as clean as it looks too (same underneith too). Always gets a reaction when you tell people the mileage!

The guy used to treat it like a loved one and drove all over Italy in it for his job, every mojor service he used to drive it to the uk for the garage i work at to carry out a major service, hence me knowing and looking after the car almost by myself for the last 10 years!! last 2 invoices total to over £6,000

2 years ago he bought an XK8 (which will never do this mileage!!) and didn't use the XJS and when the fuel pump failed he decided the part with it, at which time he did a deal with my boss who bought the car to break. I couldn't see that happen just for the sake of a fuel pump so i bought it. I was going to sell it but with its miles its so hard to value. And i quite like to use it!

Comment

What a beautiful car, just took another look at the photos, I've seen leather seats in 100k mile cars in tatters. I hope she serves you well.
                        Shane

Comment

Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
                          What a beautiful car, just took another look at the photos, I've seen leather seats in 100k mile cars in tatters. I hope she serves you well.
                          Thanks, and yeh its the only working car i have at the minute, just needs ANOTHER dosing of waxoyl to keep it good I was going to sell it on to make a few quid but to be honest, it drives like a 60k car and i just refuse to give it away!

Comment

My dad s old Mark 2 has probably done that much, but doesn t look as good!
                            Nice to see Audi fans liking other old motors
                            What other oldies do people on here posess?
                            I ve just bought an MGB GT!

Comment

My old Picasso piece of crap had done 465k when I sold it, no major work enginewise either, also the inlaws had an old k reg previa with 950k on the clock, they'd had it from new doing airport taxi runs with it!
                              Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
                              X