Finally got another S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got another S2

well first of all it needs a good wash and a hoover out because its sat in a unit for a while and collected ALOT of dust, the insides not bad just a couple of mouldy bits but it just wipes off, the cylinder head and stuff that goes with it needs putting back on because the head gasket blew on the previous owner, but apart from that it looks to be a good car, its solid as a rock and clean as a whistle underneath, its all standard as far as I know apart from the two screw on pedals on the clutch and brake which are coming off, I dont know what kind of green it is but its very green, its that green the interiors even green haha! it reminds me of a snooker table haha but I love it, it goes nice with the body colour and the black carpet and dash etc, its got opening rear windows which is a bonus and a tape holder in the centre console which I've always wanted cos I still listen to tapes haha, I've got my old elipsoids I kept from my other S2 to go in aswell! its got air conditioning but I dont like air conditioning, if its not too big a job I might take it out? so already I know I need a head gasket set, sunroof seal, diff oil seals either side and thats it (for now) I cant wait to get it running again
    so here it is, I only got it tonight, I'll take some more pics when its washed and outside, its a 92 reg I think by the way
    Attached Files

Colour reminds me of the Wicked Witches face from the Wizard of Oz -

What wheels are it sitting on?
    4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
    1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
    2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

Looks like the 5 spoke 3B wheels

Comment

hahaha yeah its got those 5 spokes on in black

Comment

good to see another s2 will live on! Good luck!
          1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Nice little project you've got yourself there

thats the same state I bought my avant in. It had a blown head gasket, everything had been removed ready to accept new parts. All I needed to do was get the head skimmed and put it back together

That was last year. I've ended up stripping the bottom end for full rebuild; forged rods, new shells, piston rings, new head, 7a flywheel, uprated clutch..... list goes on

just warning you that you may get carried away

Comment

yeah its just what I wanted really, well the head's still at the machine shop and its been ported and polished and new valve guides put in, I should be getting it next week,
              I have thought about doing the bottom end while its half out but naah, its done 115k so it can do a few more first
              like you say you can get carried away with these and if I do I'll get another engine to play with so the car isnt stuck in the garage for ages because I've missed having one for a while
              its going to be fun putting it back together, its like a big jigsaw puzzle, what should be in the front is in the boot

Comment

Originally posted by HORCH View Post
                what should be in the front is in the boot
                Yeah I know that one

Comment

Working...
                X