catalytic converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catalytic converters

Hi all, not an S2 but an Audi coupe 2.6 abc v6.
    It has some kind of performance system, powermax or powerflow or something but the problem is that the mot failed on emissions , high co reading.
    Now I know you boys like a bit of modding so I thought I'd ask is there such a thing as a universal fit cat available , because the previous owner has had the cat welded in-line and I'm hoping to cut it out and fit something in to replace via sleeves and clamps.
    Does this sound like a viable solution and if so where to start.
    At the moment I cant get underneath to measure the bore of the system but does it have to be an " engine size specific " cat assuming I can find find something suitable
    1995 2.6 v6 abc coupe 5 speed manual , front drive ,single cat set up
    Many thanks

Stuart

Stuart a 100 or 200 CPI cat should do it, by time you have purchased brackets etc it may be cheaper to have a new CAT fitted at an aftermarket fitter. Im sure members can recommend a good place near you.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I'd be interested to hear from anybody with suggestions as I have the next ten working days to re test , but only about seven days before my other coupe comes off the road before selling , so time will be of the essence
      Many thanks

Stuart

Comment

Greg, thanks for the input, what I ended up having to do was buy new downpipes as these had also been welded together and buy a new cat, all done now
        Thanks

Stuart

Comment

Stuart,

Thanks for rounding off thread story. Always informative for others.

Kind regards.

Comment

Working...
          X