London to Durham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London to Durham

I was up and on the road at 4 am this morning. On the raod to London to turn my motor bike into a car i always wanted. I picked up my first S2 and made the journey from London to Durham. I can safely say it was one of the best drives i'v had. There's a few things on my to do list but i am looking forward to getting started. The car is a standard aby coupe. Just thought i would share my good news with you all.

we love pictures....ws it that q plate black one by any chance?

Comment

Yes it's the Q plate. I will sort some pics out asap. If there is anyone in my area who would give the car a look over i would be grateful. The brakes are my main worry as it seems to brake pads made of wood.. On the B roads they warm up and the pedal goes to the floor. could this be the bomb i have read about.

Comment

Hope you enjoy your new toy be well prepared to spend plenty but they great fun

Comment

Originally posted by gc77 View Post
          Yes it's the Q plate. I will sort some pics out asap. If there is anyone in my area who would give the car a look over i would be grateful. The brakes are my main worry as it seems to brake pads made of wood.. On the B roads they warm up and the pedal goes to the floor. could this be the bomb i have read about.
          Ask Vas ( A80AVANT on here..) he uses someone in Durham for his stuff...

Comment

You could try Trev at Volksparts in Meadowfield (not far from Neville's Cross) in Durham. Tel: 0191 3780284 I know Jas11n uses them for work on his S2 / RS4 and I've had some work done on my S2 also, so they come highly recommended! Good bunch of lads and will keep you right
            Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
            Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the reply's. I didn't realise there where so many of you lot in the area. I will be looking forward to seeing some of you out and about. If there are any meet's organised in or around the area could you let let me know. I would like someone who knows more than me to have a ride in it and give me some pointers on Where to start the refurb.

Comment

Originally posted by gc77 View Post
                Thanks for all the reply's. I didn't realise there where so many of you lot in the area. I will be looking forward to seeing some of you out and about. If there are any meet's organised in or around the area could you let let me know. I would like someone who knows more than me to have a ride in it and give me some pointers on Where to start the refurb.
                Happy to help out if you want and it would be good for us north east boys to catch up at some stage!!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                  Happy to help out if you want and it would be good for us north east boys to catch up at some stage!!
                  Yes thanks i'll take you up on that offer. when ever is good for you just let me know a time and a place. I have lot's of newbie question's . Then the spending can begin .

Comment

i have been told you spotted my dads red S2 on the fourcourt at mountsett and called in to have a chat about it ect. i can also recomend volksparts highly. There will be another when i buy mine . Good luck with your car im happy to help if you need any answers to problems as is anyone else on this forum.

Comment

Ive just bagged a URS4 today, chuffed to bits, glad there are some local(ish) lads.

Catch u later
                      05 Allroad
                      05 Seat Alhambra

Comment

Working...
                      X