S2, front end revisited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2, front end revisited.

Well, had to change the alternator on the S2 today, replaced the brushpack about two years ago, and it'd been fine, but on Wednesday it had a bit of a fit and was making 18v... Fortunately I spotted it immediately and shut it down. So, and as luck would have it, I had a good spare with new voltage regulator... It's a nice job on an S2...

Undertray off, bumper lights out, front bumper off, intercooler out even before starting work on the alternator...

But all fixed now... And took the time to replenish the waxoil and copperslip...
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

You know you didn't have to remove any of that stuff, or maybe it just the fact i've done it so many times i can reach down and do it by feel
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Try doing it on a V8 S4. I'm still recovering!
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
        You know you didn't have to remove any of that stuff, or maybe it just the fact i've done it so many times i can reach down and do it by feel
        Yup agree with that, had to do it a couple of times on s2's.

Glad its all sorted tho ian

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post

Undertray and thats it, however again I have had it all apart before and know where the bits are.
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Last time I did it (about two years ago) I got the Alternator out with the front end on, but just couldn't align the alternator to the mounting bolts when putting it back together... It was the front bolt that just wouldn't go. So spent over an hour fiddling before dropping the front off.

This time I took the front straight off rather than fight with it.

So it is possible to get it in and out with the front on then...
            85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
            X