No announcement yet.

My TDi Avant..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all, The mods are very minor. The car still does as next to makes no difference 50mpg.

Idles as you would expect for a 15 year old 148k mile diesel engine

1995 Audi 80 Avant 1.9 TDi
    1995 Fiesta Zetec Turbo Project
    1998 Mazda MX-5 1.8 'RS'

Comment

Couple of pics from Retro Show at Santa Pod this weekend, with the new V6 headlights, fogs and indicators fitted..

1998 Mazda MX-5 1.8 'RS'

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Am really happy with the car at the moment, a mate who is a detailer spent a day with a machine polishing the paintwork and it looks great now! There are still a load of scratches etc but it looks 100x better overall!

Just need to fix my wheel wobble, fit a new water pump, service it etc!

1998 Mazda MX-5 1.8 'RS'

Comment

Very nice car, never ending though.

If you want ideas, lol, colour code the two door mirrors and the four door handles.

Recaro like seat to replace drivers seat?, I appreciate it is a daily driver with a restricted budget because of that, but a nice seat is always enjoyable everytime you sit into any car, and can be taken out of the car if you need to.

Put back the factory bee sting ariel.

Good photos, always a plus.

Well wear.

Kind regards.

Comment

I like the black door handles, only bit I would colour code would be the mirrors!

Not sure about a mis-matched seat, not really any need in a diesel either?

What is wrong with my ariel?!

1998 Mazda MX-5 1.8 'RS'

Comment

Looks like a stubby one in the photo of the rear of the car ?

Comment

Nice upgrades!

Great improvements. Also noticed that you upgraded the steering wheel. Where did you this from and how much did you pay?

Comment

Got to say I'm fancying an avant more each time I see this cracker, well done

Comment

Stubby ariel yes, I like it!

Originally posted by DeanG View Post
                      Great improvements. Also noticed that you upgraded the steering wheel. Where did you this from and how much did you pay?
                      £100 I think, either from on here or ebay. Its an early A4/A6 Sport wheel which is also found in later RS/S2's and Cabriolets I think!

1998 Mazda MX-5 1.8 'RS'

Comment

Looking good Max, some shine off her, whats the rear wiper off?

Comment

Its a Mk5 golf wiper Polo's, Touran etc etc all the same just different length blades, possibly arms.

1998 Mazda MX-5 1.8 'RS'

Comment

Cheers, another mod for the list

Comment

done anymore with this? and have you got any info on the airbox mods.

Think I have a pearl blue s2 bumper spare that was going to go on mine but not anymore.

Comment

Its pretty much exactly the same, have had a couple of flat tyres and have a seccond pair to go on this week so that's cost a fair whack. Wanted to upsize but the tyres were 35 quid extra for the next size up so decided to stick with the 215 40 16s.

Actually modified the airbox further with a second 70mm air feed a few weeks ago and fitted a k+n panel. This now sounds similar to a cone filter I had fitted, but is only drawing air from behind the headlight so should be working well.

Still really want to get a de-cat sorted but rusty downpipe bolts and the new mot rules are putting me off.

Any details/photos of the bumper? Where are you located?

1998 Mazda MX-5 1.8 'RS'

Comment

Working...
                                X