1990 Audi 100 2.2 5cyl 10v turbo auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Audi 100 2.2 5cyl 10v turbo auto

I believe these are known as the Type 44 or C3 ?

Hi peeps, bought a 100 turbo the other day, very mint, i would say almost very very close to concours condition, 100k, in white, its 21yrs old so its been through a full MPI check by fontains in Iver and all was clear. I have performed a 'my car check' service and all is fine there as well.

Its fully loaded (no leather), climate control, electric everything (apart from seats), guy said the rear seats and back have hardly ever been used, looks like it to. It came with a boot full of spares.

What i would like to know as im slightly confused:

what engine code would these cars be, the 'my car check' says MC but some internet findings say KU.
    Also, do these cars run an intercooler, im sure it does not so may add one from the more powerful S2/S4.

needs a wash, im gonna clay bar the car and detail it so its perfect

http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow

Thanks for reading

Andy

Cool car!

That's an MC2 engine to be precise.

Comment

I was always under the impression that the MC's were fuel injected and the later k-jets where KG like my old Audi 200 which had half leathers and electric seats aswell may be wrong though.

If you want to boost more than stock I've still got an ECU with the zener diode mod on it somewhere on the shelf
      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Looks mint, and a garage full of spares to boot...

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
          I was always under the impression that the MC's were fuel injected and the later k-jets where KG like my old Audi 200 which had half leathers and electric seats aswell may be wrong though.

If you want to boost more than stock I've still got an ECU with the zener diode mod on it somewhere on the shelf
          MC is also K-jet. 3B in the 200 20V was the first motronic iirc.

Comment

MC2 should be Hitachi MAC ECU if I am not mistaken.
            Fuel injected.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

cheers for replies, the previous owner said its a KG but my engine code number is MC056280, where on the block is the number guys?

Comment

the engine nr( code) are on the block, right under the head surface, but on the side.. under the black fan hose.. when you sit in the car.
                on the LEFT side by the 3. syl i think you have the MC2.. they does hav 2 pc lambda... nice car

Comment

KU engine doesnt have turbo ether.......!!

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar View Post
                      the engine nr( code) are on the block, right under the head surface, but on the side.. under the black fan hose.. when you sit in the car.
                      on the LEFT side by the 3. syl i think you have the MC2.. they does hav 2 pc lambda... nice car
                      2 knocksensors

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                        MC2 should be Hitachi MAC ECU if I am not mistaken.
                        Fuel injected.
                        Yes, Hitachi MAC 14

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
                          Yes, Hitachi MAC 14
                          Hi, where abouts is the ECU installed please.

Comment

if it is at the same location as the LHD cars -> behind a panel of the ns footwell, just in front of the door.

Amazing results can be had with these engines... you get them up to a good 240bhp with just extra boost and a zenermod. Too bad yours is an automatic, You shouldn't go above 0.8bar boost, to prevent damage to the gearbox.

Had a lot of fun with my MC2 quattro at 1.2bar and open exhaust. Was a reallly fast underdog-car.

Comment

Originally posted by Avantus View Post
                              if it is at the same location as the LHD cars -> behind a panel of the ns footwell, just in front of the door.

Amazing results can be had with these engines... you get them up to a good 240bhp with just extra boost and a zenermod. Too bad yours is an automatic, You shouldn't go above 0.8bar boost, to prevent damage to the gearbox.

Had a lot of fun with my MC2 quattro at 1.2bar and open exhaust. Was a reallly fast underdog-car.
                              0.8bar, on the dashboard there is a boost reading gauge as standard, it peaks at 1.7 bar if i use full acceleration ????

Comment

Working...
                              X