X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigpic

Comment

• That is looking awesome Andy, the combination of the BBS and that paint colour...
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by T2Andy

Comment

• Thanks for yor thoughts on the wheels. I will keep them for now. I will have a bash at the aluminum plate like you suggested T2Andy cheers.

BTW the shine on your car T2Andy is bloody amazing

Comment

• Wab didnt mean to rub it in ,no news on yours then.
              sigpic

Comment

• look nice andy would you swap them for my left kidney?

Comment

• Nice wheels Andy, they look "right" on the car.
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                  2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                  1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• An update for Steve (fatty)
                    Blatant copy and paste from fans, but couldn't be ar"ed to write it out again.

Spent all day Sunday (and I mean "ALL" day) preparing the car for the forth coming winter weather.
                    The car shouldn't need any waxing at all now until the spring. All I'll need to do is wash and dry once a week, or maybe sooner dirt depending.
                    Was supposed to do the same procedure to Pongo's (Paulgo) car on Saturday, but I couldn't because he was faffing under the bonnet, and then we chipped it.. LOL

Procedure as follows;

1/ Car washed and dried, two bucket method with megs Gold Class shampoo and wool washmit,
                    2/ Dried with Megs waffle weave and sprays of Megs Last Touch (quick detailer spray),
                    3/ Klasse All In One applied with PC (Porter Cable) and a DAS green pad, buffed off with a Poorboys microfibre,
                    4/ Two layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze with PC and another DAS green pad, buffed off with a Poorboys microfibre, roughly 8 hours apart, with a wash of Super Snow foam through the Gillmore in between, dried with Megs waffle weave and sprays of Last Touch,
                    5/ Two layers of Collinite 476s applied with a Megs foam applicator pad pre spritzed with Last Touch, buffed off with a Last Touch spritzed Poorboys microfibre, roughly 8 hours after the SG and around 7 hours apart themselves,
                    6/ Trim dressed with Megs natural shine,
                    7/ Wheels protected with one layer of SG and one layer of Collinite 476s,
                    8/ Tyres dressed with Megs endurance tyre gel,
                    9/ Milltek zorst with autosol metal polish,
                    10/ Glass with Autoglym glass cleaner, then coated all but the windscreen with Collinite 476s,
                    11/ Interior was only done last week, so not much to add there apart from some Aerospace protectant to the dashboard.

Next weekend is set aside for removing all four wheels, cleaning all the arches with Megs APC and sealing with Megs endurance tyre gel, under the bonnet will get a good wash down with Megs APC and I'll maybe apply some Chemical Guys sealant or Megs natural shine vinyl and rubber care.

The Collinite 476s is a non carnauba based acylic wax that should in theory last twelve months, certainly has been tested by others to last well past 5 months. Klasse Sealant Glaze has similar specs, so the paint should be bomb proof over the winter helping to stave off the salt attacks.
                    The shine given off by the Collinite is a lot more clinical that a carnauba based wax, but is crystal clear and I really like it.

Jas..
                    [still knackered]

Last edited by Jas11n; 7 November 2006, 13:11.
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• Oh, for those wondering what snow foam is and what's a Gillmore, see below
                      Sooooo much fun.

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• Very impressive Jas. You have a lovely wet look shine in the close up of the front wheel.

How did you go about choosing all those products?

I completed my first paid detail at the weekend too. 8 Hours on a TVR and that was only the bodywork. Really really hard work doing it all manually....

I will post in a seperate thread...

Cheers,

Steve
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by T2Andy
                          Andy, that looks phucking amazing!

Cheers,

Steve
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Very nice!

My car...

RS90q with ADU RS2 engine..
                            Pics
                            Very nice car you have there Endre

Beautiful pictures from Arctic Circle Raceway
                            Last edited by Evers; 15 November 2006, 20:34.
                            Audi S2 Avant 2.2

Comment

• My ABY

S2 Avant -95

Comment

• here's my recent purchase

I guess the unmodified S2's are getting rarer - so here is what they used to look like

Comment

Working...
                                X