• nice shorts jas
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
      Now that's what I am talking about!

Very nice pics Jase....

P.S. You need to clean out your front bumper grills.... :mischeif:
      Thanks chaps,
      It's the first time we taken any pics in a good spot since he got it last October
      Just fitted a new hall sender to his on sat, then he got an overwhelming urge to clean his engine bay

In answer to your "P.S."
      In the immortal words of Andy Pipkin "Yeah I know"

I've tried alsorts to get rid of the whiteness on them, bumper black makes no difference and heating the plastic did nothing, think I'll try and spray them a matt black and if that looks pants I'll buy some new ones.

Got loads more of both the cars if you want to see some more??

Originally posted by Will
      nice shorts jas
      Not me mate, was my Bro

Jas
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fourrings
        Thanks chaps,
        It's the first time we taken any pics in a good spot since he got it last October
        Just fitted a new hall sender to his on sat, then he got an overwhelming urge to clean his engine bay

In answer to your "P.S."
        In the immortal words of Andy Pipkin "Yeah I know"

I've tried alsorts to get rid of the whiteness on them, bumper black makes no difference and heating the plastic did nothing, think I'll try and spray them a matt black and if that looks pants I'll buy some new ones.

Got loads more of both the cars if you want to see some more??

Not me mate, was my Bro

Jas
        That's why I bought new ones!! I think its about £50 for all three grilles....
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Here's my favourite picture only because I haven't taken many more recently.... BTW - any ideas how to bypass the 100kb file size limit?
          Attached Files
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by s2driveruk
            Here's my favourite picture only because I haven't taken many more recently.... BTW - any ideas how to bypass the 100kb file size limit?
            Host your own pics!

Use photobucket.com if your desperate.

Comment

• Originally posted by s2driveruk
              Here's my favourite picture only because I haven't taken many more recently.... BTW - any ideas how to bypass the 100kb file size limit?
              I really like that photo of your car David. It makes the RS4 reps look perfect on an S2!
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• heh - i think thats the best way Jamo.....
                @ Steve - too kind mate!
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks!

That was after a good few hours of Meguiars clear coat body scrub, Scratch X, AG super resin polish and AG extra gloss protection.....

Not being funny - but have you any BEFORE pictures... I've never used any of those products and my paintwork could use some wonder products. Truth is there are too many stone chips, and carpark blemishes to get to the level of loveliness your paint is displaying.

Paul
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• OKie, how 'bout dees den?

Cheers n

Si

The dust is where that last sheep jumped ober my bonnet

95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                    With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

• Here is mine, thanks to Angus. Had to resize
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net
                        Not being funny - but have you any BEFORE pictures... I've never used any of those products and my paintwork could use some wonder products. Truth is there are too many stone chips, and carpark blemishes to get to the level of loveliness your paint is displaying.

Paul
                        If I may Paul? Steve will no doubt do it slightly different but end results are near enough the same.

Ok, I'll state first that I'm right **** when it comes to cleaning the car, but still feel free to tell me again at any point

First off, if the car's really dirty then wash it first with just plain old water. Have two buckets to use, reason being there is no point in rinsing the sponge in ever increasing dirty water. This is the time that the awful swirl marks get on the paintwork.
                        Next up use a good body scrub shampoo (never wash the car with washing up liquid) this will get rid of stuck on flies, bird crap etc.
                        Dry the car off with a clean Microfibre cloth, these are softer and absorb water way better then chamois leather. Keep rinsing a wringing the cloth.
                        Run your hand over the paintwork, if it feels rough, then chances are it will have crap on it like road tar and tree sap. Use a clay bar to get the paint feeling smooth again, then use something like scratch x to remove any swirl marks, redo on the tougher ones.
                        Touch stone chips in with a slightly thinned down paint, the paint in those stone chip bottle is usually way to thick. Build it up in thin coats, then cover with a clear coat paint if the car has a mettalic finish.
                        Next up get yourself some decent polish. Most of the good polishes give near enough the same shine, the main differences being their ease of use and the time it lasts on the paintwork. Some can be a right PITA to get off. I used to use Autoglym and it gives a good shine, but leaves a white powder in places hard to get out.
                        Polish the car in the shade and with the panels cool. Really does make a difference in getting it off.
                        Next up use a good wax, this leaves a tough barrier on the car against bird crap, uv light, etc.

Next time round when you come to wash the car, use either clear water or a good body scub shampoo (again, never washing up liquid as it will just wash all the polish and wax off)
                        Dry it off to avoid water marks, and re-polish/wax if needed (I polish mine once a month and wash it once a week)
                        I find putting a coat of polish on the wheels makes it easier to clean next time round, then you'll have no need for these acidic wonder wheels products, they all state they are not acidic, but just put a drop of it on your inner arm and feel the fecker burn

Buy yourself some Zymol carnuba wax, it's only about £1400 a tub

Seriuosly though, get a cleaning kit off T2Andy, really worth the money and is good stuff.

Yep, I agree before anyone says "I'm mad"

Jas
                        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net

Paul
                          Hmmm, I Jase has beaten me to the punch there. I did not notice your post creep in last night.

I don't really have "before" pictures as I did not think to take any, and in reality you may not "see" that much difference looking at them on a PC. What you will find in reality, as Jase has already stated is a much better finish to your paintwork and also a surface that is really easy to keep clean. I have done a fair amount of reading the subject here and found some really good products and tips:

www.meguiars.co.uk (go to the forum)

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

If the paintwork does not feel like glass then there are micro deposits on it and these need lifting with either Clear Coat body scrub (Meguiars) or Paint renovator (Autoglym) or for a really bad finish clay bar.

Once this has been done you will be back to a basic paint finish with nothing on it. You then need to polish then wax.

Have a look at those sites and if you feel inspired have a go. For me the worse the car is to start off with the more satisfying the result when you can get it looking really good again!

Cheers,

Steve

Did I write more than Jase? :mischeif:
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

If the paintwork does not feel like glass then there are micro deposits on it and these need lifting with either Clear Coat body scrub (Meguiars) or Paint renovator (Autoglym) or for a really bad finish clay bar.
                            Steve, isn't the paint renovator only used for removing light scratches?
                            My understanding is that clay bar is used to remove contaminants such as rail dust and other fall out pollutants.

Hmmm, you can certainly use either of these products to remove oxidization from paint. In my experience, oxidization only seems to be prevalent on pink (sorry red) cars only.

The clay bar cleans the paint in a way that a shampoo and sponge can't.
                            You'll then get that nice smooth finish that you speak of.

Nuvo.

Comment

• Imran if you put the links inside [IMG][/IMG] tags the pictures will displayed within the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X