Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, here are some pictures of my '94 ABY.
    Attached Files

Comment

• and some more...
      Attached Files

Comment

• another 2...
        Attached Files

Comment

• That's nice Paul, those wheels really suit the colour.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• What colour is that Paul? I can't make it out from those pics as to whether it's Byzance or Amethyst
            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• well here`s mine
              Attached Files
              ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
              THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

• The color of my car is LY4T.
                It's purple metallic. I don't know how it's exactly called.

Here in Holland i've never seen a coupe in this color.

When the car is clean, it's a very nice color.

Comment

• Hi Paul, LY4T is called Byzanz (metallic violet) also sometimes listed as Byzantine I believe. Very nice it is too.

Nuvo.
                  Last edited by Nuvo; 9 October 2005, 11:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuvo
                    Hi Paul, LY4T is called Byzanz (metallic violet) also sometimes listed as Byzantine I believe. Very nice it is too.

Nuvo.
                    Correct term is Byzance. Where did you get the info that says that code is byzance Rob? My paint code is LY4N
                    It's a very hard colour to photograph but you are right Paul, very nice when the cars washed, but then I would say that
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• Looks like it's the same as Jas's (Fourrings)
                      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

• Hi Jas, the paint codes LY4N and LY4T are both curiously listed as "Byzanz". As for the spelling, the FA lists it as Byzanz. I also checked the brochures and it is isn't listed so this must be one of the lifestyle colours yes?

Perhaps Byzanz is the German spelling, and Byzance is English? Where did you find the reference to Byzance?
                        UPDATE: Hmm, I'm convinced it's Byzanz, a Google search shows a number of references to the colour, where Byzance gives no hits. Time to revise your profile maybe?
                        Last edited by Nuvo; 9 October 2005, 14:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuvo
                          Hi Jas, the paint codes LY4N and LY4T are both curiously listed as "Byzanz". As for the spelling, the FA lists it as Byzanz. I also checked the brochures and it is isn't listed so this must be one of the lifestyle colours yes?

Perhaps Byzanz is the German spelling, and Byzance is English? Where did you find the reference to Byzance?
                          UPDATE: Hmm, I'm convinced it's Byzanz, a Google search shows a number of references to the colour, where Byzance gives no hits. Time to revise your profile maybe?
                          I can only find ref to byzanz in the "paint spray set" section of the paint codes listed in the FA. Curiously doesn't list it anywhere else.
                          Yes mate it's a lifestyle colour.
                          As for the word "byzance", it's printed on the Audi service reciepts I have, so must be the UK term.
                          I've only ever come across one "lifestyle colour" supplement that was available from Audi, Audi themselves were no help. A guy on ebay has it (sells old car brochures), but won't sell me it or even give/sell me a scanned copy
                          The code LY4N is on my data sticker in the boot and on the inside front cover of my service book. I used this paint code to order the paint for my bonnet and bumper after the rebuild.
                          Better get back on topic now or Steve will be after me so here's a pic

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't remember the thread being titled, "Discuss the minute differences in paint codes nomenclature..." :mischeif:

Getting back on topic - Vonbeck your car looks Fat! Lovely wheels and colour combination. I am starting to really like RS6 reps and 18" Avus wheels on S2's and thinking about changing mine...
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                              Yeah, I don't remember the thread being titled, "Discuss the minute differences in paint codes nomenclature..." :mischeif:
                              Sorry 'bout that

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                              Getting back on topic - Vonbeck your car looks Fat! Lovely wheels and colour combination. I am starting to really like RS6 reps and 18" Avus wheels on S2's and thinking about changing mine...
                              Seeing as I have my asshat on today, don't you mean "Phat" instead of "fat"

Comment

• I always think PHAT is a bit ricer so prefer Fat!

Of course I am only kidding about the hiijack!
                                The Perfectionist
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X