Photos of 3 of the 4 RS2s in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos of 3 of the 4 RS2s in Canada

These are from "AudiStock" 2011 held in Inchelium Washington State, an Audi get together based around UrS owners from the Pacific North West. This year, attendess were from Washington State, Alberta Canada, British Columbia Canada and Quebec Canada. There was a range of UrS4s and UrS6s and three of the four RS2s in Canada in attendance. Don S (who is an S2Forum member) from Montreal Quebec had one of the three RS2s (and one of the two volcano blacks at AudiStock). The other volcano black (Rob S's) was from Vancouver BC. The third RS2 was Dave T's Blue one (he is an S2forum member) from Calgary Alberta. (The fourth RS2 in Canada (that we know of) is a volcano black one in Ontario Canada).

Here is a link to more RS2 photos (pg. 13 specifically).

http://kevinjsalisbury.com/p370580016

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

out of interest i've heard the rs2 can be imported legally into canada what about s2's coupe or avants?

Comment

Yeah they are pretty relaxed, as long as it's a classic which by Canadian terms is over 15 years. I looked into an S2 about 5 years ago when I was in Alberta
      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
        Yeah they are pretty relaxed, as long as it's a classic which by Canadian terms is over 15 years. I looked into an S2 about 5 years ago when I was in Alberta
        I would NOT use the word "Relaxed" to describe Transport Canada's vehicle importation rules. They would not let the UrS6 avants into Canada because they lacked the rear child seat restraint tether (which BTW, there was a TSB with an under $100 solution that Transport Canada wouldn't recognize).

Eventually everything gets to be over 15 years old (to the build month) and can be imported. So we can now import cars that were built in August, 1996 or earlier without too much hassle. Still some hassle but not too bad.

Side story: I have a 98 C4 A6 Avant that I imported from the US during the period of time that Transport Canada thought ALL 1998s were C5s (the wagons were still C4s). I did have to install the seat tether point. When they found out that the 98 A6 avants were C4s, they went back on the banned list. Idiots.

Comment

Dave, do you have any info, photos or links in relation to the seatbelt for the middle rear seat. I presume that is what you were referring to?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
            Dave, do you have any info, photos or links in relation to the seatbelt for the middle rear seat. I presume that is what you were referring to?Thanks.
            Not quite. I am talking about a tie-down/tether point for a strap coming off the top of a child's car seat. Here are the TSB and installed tether point pictures:
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that, what I'm looking to achieve is an operative third static seat belt, or inertia seat belt for the middle rear seat of the B4 Avant/Saloon to make them a true five seater?

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
                Thanks for that, what I'm looking to achieve is an operative third static seat belt, or inertia seat belt for the middle rear seat of the B4 Avant/Saloon to make them a true five seater?
                Do you mean something like this:

Comment

Yes correct diagram, but is the centre lap belt as good as it gets from Audi ?

Thanks.

Comment

The blue one has a Dutch licence plate isn't it?

Comment

yes it does, and it's not the only Audi in Canada with a Dutch license plate on.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                        I would NOT use the word "Relaxed" to describe Transport Canada's vehicle importation rules. Idiots.
                        your not wrong there Dave....

I am still a little jealous as that would have been so sweet to drive an RS2 over the lions gate bridge into downtown...5 pot burble...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeltuh View Post
                          The blue one has a Dutch licence plate isn't it?
                          Correct but just on the front. The "T" in Dave T's name is Dutch. He lives in Alberta Canada where they only have to run a rear licence plate. He said he found the Dutch plate on a trip to Holland and brought it home to run on one of his vehicles. The RS2 is the vehicle of choice for now. Looks right too.

Comment

Working...
                          X