New addition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition...

Well after much condiseration, head scratching, pure math and deep breaths....we finally decided to change the old A6 avant for something smaller and importantly, newer and warrantied.

Didn't realise how hard it is these days to find something you actually like for a smallish budget.....however pleased to say that we booted the badge snobbery issue into touch and bought a skoda octavia scout 1.8tsi The engine is as sweet as a nut, tons of low down torque and just pulls so smoothly - at adle i keep having to check its actually on, the silence compared to a cold a6 tdi is unbelieveable

Huge boot, reasonable rear seat space, nice trim and importantly 4wd when you need it... I for one am hoping for a cold, snowy winter At £28-30k for an equivalent a4 allroad i feel like its a bit of a steal. Sure its a Skoda and its never going to be as loaded with gadgets or ultimately refined as the allroad, however i'm feeling a tad smug to have got quite so much capable car for the money.

sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Nice motor David. I think the Skoda's are massively under rated you do get a lot of car for the money.. nice colour to...

Comment

Looks very nice can I ask why you went for the petrol and not the diesel? Its just am looking for a replacement next year for my A4 1.9tdi quattro and like yourself finding it hard to come away from the four rings!! Am looking for fuel economy purely on the miles I do in it every year (30k+)

Comment

I saw one of these the other day and thought it looked good. Well done.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

@Anthony - why petrol than diesel...in all honesty i just wanted a change and the fuel efficiency of the tsi is very good at 36mpg. I'm only going to be doing about 12k per annum so it made slightly more financial sense, plus initial outlay was significantly less than the 2ltr CR diesel. At 30k+ miles you'd easily get the maths to stack in that direction!!!
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Might have a look at one of these but in a diesel saloon like you say skoda have come along way in the last 15 years!!! If you think about 15+ years ago they were compared to the mighty lada

Comment

Nout wrong with a modern Skoda if you can get your head past the badge (and all those great old jokes)... A couple of times I have jumped into Skoda taxis and thought they were Passats until actually looking at the steering wheel badge. Oh and that 36mpg is better than the 28 you get on a V6 TDi allroad so its a no brainer from that point of view.
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                Nout wrong with a modern Skoda if you can get your head past the badge (and all those great old jokes)... A couple of times I have jumped into Skoda taxis and thought they were Passats until actually looking at the steering wheel badge. Oh and that 36mpg is better than the 28 you get on a V6 TDi allroad so its a no brainer from that point of view.
                My dad used to have passats as taxis, now runs octavias, currently 2006 1.9tdi has over 260,000 with nothing major going wrong.
                05 Allroad
                05 Seat Alhambra

Comment

Working...
                X