b6 a4 with AAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6 a4 with AAN

Who is the member on here with a b6 a4 with a inline 5 in it?

You mean B5 A4 with AAN?

Comment

b5 a4 be sleeper_avant

Comment

I thought I had seen a b6 a4 with an AAN on here or some inline 5 turbo
        Last edited by Durr McDanks; 14 September 2011, 00:27.

Comment

If it can be done in a B5, it can be done in a B6
          2000 B5 A4 Quattro Sport ~ 2.0 20V GT30R ~ Gone
          1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
          1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

noone has said it isn't possible but such a car hasn't been seen on here, B5 and A8, Porsche, Jap Cars but not a B6

Comment

Yeah I know, I was merely stating that it can be done in a B6 like the B5 as there essentially the same. If the op is looking for a way to do this, he could just follow the various B5 I5 builds
              1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
              1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

My question is will it fit since its longitudinally longer than the V8? Also, the bell housing bolt pattern is the same for virtually every audi exception with the RS4 RS6 etc. I guess the only major thing to figure out is the motor mount arms. Can you put the V8 arms onto the inline 5 and have it match?

Comment

I think the statement "you can make it fit" sums it up. It will fit, just not on the stock engine mount & gearbox locations without hacking into the front panel/bonnet/bumper etc. From my internet trawling I have seen a quite a few B5 I5's, most opt to shift the motor & box rearward to gain space up front which is the problem area. Information is scarce on these builds, you have to really look at the few pictures that are out there to figure it out. I will post some pics up later of the few I have found
                  1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
                  1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

how much hacking needs to be done to the front?

Comment

Again we don't know, I do know sleeper_avant said it was hell, check his build thread

Comment

I have taken rough measurements in the past, I was toying with the idea of dropping an I5 into my B5. The measurements I took made it out to be quite an extensive front end re-modeling exercise, so much so I didn't bother. IMHO I think the only way to do it is shove the engine & gearbox back which obviously means alot of custom fabrication work.
                        1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
                        1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

Was there room on the side to have a radiator so you could let the engine move forward?

Comment

Didn't your AAN into B3 project work out?
                            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

^ Yeah I own a b6 s4 as well with 92k on the clock and the timing chain tensioners typical go out at around 100k. They are the back of the motor and thus the motor needs to be pulled and you need special tools to perform the job. The tools and tensioners cost around 2k all said and done. At that point if it was a straight swap with the 20vt turbo I would have done it but from the sounds of it its not so easy of a swap. I fell in love with 20vt.

Comment

Working...
                              X