The Gaddafi Wagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gaddafi Wagon.

Finally did find myself an Audi 80 B2 29 years old and only 2 owners from new, last owner has had it since '83. Shes Structurally sound, but a couple of rust spots and shabby paint work, 1.8 petrol, Electric windows, central locking, original radio, local car, be geidi well?

Plans fo it? use it as a daily, lower it, BBS if ive got the $$$ de-bumper it? and just clean it.

Anyone got a boot-lid spoiler?

How easy would it be to get the runing gear of an S2 into one of these, just as a thought?

also the guy had an old Audi 100 5D, is this the car to get the AAT block out of?

you could prob fwd a s2 lump into this but tbh i'd stick a 1.8t lighter and still goes well.
    I have a set of lowering springs/shocks cheap if you require.

Comment

no, a 5D is def. not an AAT engine.
      You could put a 16V engine in your type 81, or a 1.8T as djh said.

Comment

I was thinking more like the whole S2 running gear into this? :-S is it a case of it all bolts straight on or is it a case of i should have bought a quattro one of these?

What condition are the shocks/springs, make and price?

Well i know of a cheap Audi 100 5E if some one is after one.

Comment

should have bought a quattro then.

Comment

Couple of issues id like to sort out.....

1. Oil vapours seem to be coming into the air filter housing, enough to coat the inside with a thin layer of oil, is this normal?

2. Eletric windows dont work on the driver side and passanger rear, do any other VW/Audi part share the same motor?

3. Id like to get the Stop Start feature working, where should I start looking?

Comment

electric window problem is more likely a broken wire than fried motors.

Comment

or they are simply stuck due to old age...

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream View Post
                  3. Id like to get the Stop Start feature working, where should I start looking?
                  hope these will help:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream View Post
                    I was thinking more like the whole S2 running gear into this? :-S is it a case of it all bolts straight on or is it a case of i should have bought a quattro one of these?

What condition are the shocks/springs, make and price?

Well i know of a cheap Audi 100 5E if some one is after one.
                    O...A gl one...My gl b2 coupe recived the tunel today.The rear flor is in.No bolt on quattro.You need a quattro donor(80,90,or coupe)Rear flor and tunel needs changed(and another 1milion little things).

Comment

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
                      O...A gl one...My gl b2 coupe recived the tunel today.The rear flor is in.No bolt on quattro.You need a quattro donor(80,90,or coupe)Rear flor and tunel needs changed(and another 1milion little things).
                      ****** it then, it would be a shame to cut this up, its too clean. Havent been up to much, painted the wheels and bits under the bonnet.

Thanks for the wiring diagram, but its not that clear, me thinks ill buy a Haynes Manual

Oh and it Passed its MOT Nothing wrong not even a single Advisory, a testament to Audi's build quality! and not bad for a £250 car

Comment

Working...
                      X