upgrade my S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade my S2

just Joined this forum .... Im looking to upgrade with some minor engine mods I.E remap induction kit best plugs to fit ..Dont want a rocket just want a little more power any advice would be great thanks.... Ive heard the air induction kits make the 2.2 5cyl run ruff is there any truth behind this ...Cheers

Hate to tell you, but the car in your profile isn't an S2, looks like a Coupe quattro. What engine does it have????

Oh yeah, induction kits are generally rubbish.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Newby numpty....

Yeah Mate its a quattro coupe ...I have owned it just 12 month not done much at all to it and not made much effort to find out much about them now i have a bit more time to fettle it im gonna start to pay more attention to it ....As you have probly guest that by me thinking its a s2 lol...what is that then is it just a 2.2 quattro coupe

Comment

It could be either a 10 or 20 valve, though you say 2.2 which makes me think 10 valve, the 20 valves are 2.3.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

yeh its a 10 valve its only a single cam i know that much ...i kinda know my way round a car just dont know anything about these old audi's just looking for the usual mods people do to em to pinch a little more bhp

Comment

Never going to extract much extra from the 2.2 TBH mate, likewise with the 20v 7A engine that I have in mine. The NA engines do sound fantastic and a nice exhaust and intake will definitely enhance that if nothing else. There are lots of improvements to how it handles and stops though. you can always drop in a 3B engine for about £500-600 if you don't mind getting your hands dirty.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
            X