Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about time

Hi everyone,

What a wonderful forum. Sorry i havent shouted up earlier i've been busy reading all your excellent posts, and as my username suggests im not the quickest, . I have owned my emerald green S2 coupe for 9 months and think they are top motors, although the performance of mine is a bit (slow2) but hope to correct this with the help of you guys, forum and vag parts (hi martin, i'll be along shortly with a new credit card number for you to earn and me to burn ).
    I used to be a ford man but i got over that when i bought my first audi (coupe GT 2.2) 14 years ago, since then i would not drive anything without the 4 rings. A few years later the quattro bug bit and then the turbo bug kicked in i spent some time converting a coupe quattro to a turbo quattro, was happy with this for some years but then began to like the performance and look of the S2's. I currently use a audi 100 CS sport as a daily driver. Great site, keep up the good work
    Dez

Never did overtime until i purchased........s2

Welcome to the forum. What's your first S2 modification going to be!? You have less than one week to complete this mission!

hehe Good Luck!
    Joe "NoNonsense"
    axis motorsport
    joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense
      Welcome to the forum. What's your first S2 modification going to be!? You have less than one week to complete this mission!

hehe Good Luck!
      Thanks for the welcome NoNonsense. I think my first mod will be 996 calipers and 314 discs upfront (believe in stopping before starting ) One week! slow2 by username, slow2 by nature.
      Dez

Comment

LOL, yeah brakes are a good place to start on these things
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by slow2
          Thanks for the welcome NoNonsense. I think my first mod will be 996 calipers and 314 discs upfront (believe in stopping before starting ) One week! slow2 by username, slow2 by nature.

PM me if you want and details or part numbers. I have that same exact set up. It's very straight forward and very bolt on...you *may* need 17" wheels, though. Good luck.
          Joe "NoNonsense"
          axis motorsport
          joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
            LOL, yeah brakes are a good place to start on these things

As i found out on 1 sunny day i came across a roundabout, a 800m straight, a roundabout, a 500m straight, a roundabout that became a straight over roundabout because my brakes had faded.
            Dez

Comment

PM me if you want and details or part numbers. I have that same exact set up. It's very straight forward and very bolt on...you *may* need 17" wheels, though. Good luck.
              thanks NoNonense
              Dez

Comment

Originally posted by slow2
                As i found out on 1 sunny day i came across a roundabout, a 800m straight, a roundabout, a 500m straight, a roundabout that became a straight over roundabout because my brakes had faded.
                sometimes, a good cure for the average street car brakes is a good set of pads and rotors, sticky tires, and a high temperature brake fluid flush at least once a year. This will do wonders for the stock brakes....

I have bigger brakes because I do track events very often and autocrosses nearly every weekend of the summer. Changing my calipers put me in a different class, but I enjoy the challenge.
                Joe "NoNonsense"
                axis motorsport
                joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

sometimes, a good cure for the average street car brakes is a good set of pads and rotors, sticky tires, and a high temperature brake fluid flush at least once a year. This will do wonders for the stock brakes....

I have bigger brakes because I do track events very often and autocrosses nearly every weekend of the summer. Changing my calipers put me in a different class, but I enjoy the challenge.

Thanks again for the GOOD advice,but i think my driving style might benifit from this set up
                  Dez

Comment

Working...
                  X