Another 80 to keep me going...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 80 to keep me going...

While the B3 is still in pieces, I had to take the plunge and buy another one - £700, FSH, 178K, 2.6 V6, only needed a clean, tax disc and a N/S front tyre.

Sorted...

Hopefully the weather will warm up soon!

Nice looking cab! Any plans for it or just wait for the better weather?
    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

not really, just clean and make it work - no money now, main priority is getting the B3 on the road - if a hard-top Weismann comes up at the right price tho...

Comment

Soon you will be wishing you had done the engine into this one hehehe. A point will come when you want to do the Zorst and the ride and the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
          Soon you will be wishing you had done the engine into this one hehehe. A point will come when you want to do the Zorst and the ride and the wheels
          lol, maybe... I think what will happen is that I will get the B3 back, then this will end up with Aidan for an S2 swap or a PES kit and rebuild

Something to keep him busy over the winter when it comes!

Comment

wow, that's a huge difference to the way it looked in the ebay auction! Could have saved the seller a few hundred quid if he had done the work himself.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
              wow, that's a huge difference to the way it looked in the ebay auction! Could have saved the seller a few hundred quid if he had done the work himself.
              She - and that is the reason why...

That said, I am quite good at cleaning cars!

Comment

Lowered 30mm with a bigger set of rims in a nice polished finish. Removed engine size from bootlid and clear side repeaters on wings and an SS exhaust and that would be it. Would look finished really well and would look brilliant for the summer. im tempted to buy a 2.0 for the summer if i can find a cheap enough but good enough one. Would save me running costs over the S2 and could use it whilst I do all the planned work over the summer.

Comment

Funnily enough I have clear indicators and was going to remove the badge anyway, there are loads of cabs for sale, a nice red one in coventry on auto trader with leather for £999

Comment

when i say cheap I mean like the budgie! £500 max (i know it would be a bit of a dog) but she will kill me if I get a 5th car! 2 classic beetles, a T4 (Broken but not for long I hope) and the S2. She wants a house.....

Comment

I feel your pain mate, we are buying a new house at the mo, and I keep nicking her Fiat 500 or renting cars, its been a real pain, she see's this as getting her freedom back, so having two cars is all I can get away with (technically one as the B3 isnt visible at the moment ;-)

just keep peeling ebay, there was a blue one up for £450 the other day, a 2.6 with 180K miles, just too far away for me, so I passed on it.

the do come up now and again

Comment

Originally posted by lee_whitehead View Post
                        not really, just clean and make it work - no money now, main priority is getting the B3 on the road - if a hard-top Weismann comes up at the right price tho...
                        Its nearly there, keep the faith

Originally posted by lee_whitehead View Post
                        lol, maybe... I think what will happen is that I will get the B3 back, then this will end up with Aidan for an S2 swap or a PES kit and rebuild

Something to keep him busy over the winter when it comes!
                        my cab's a quattro already

Comment

S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                            Its nearly there, keep the faith
                            You sure about that? bloody immobiliser ecu...

Comment

Nice quick drive with the hood down this afternoon - really impressed with the car so far! just needs the top mounts doing I think... bit of a clunk on vertical movement but at no other point.

Comment

Working...
                              X