90 20vt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 20vt

hello all been on hear for some time just never been proud enough of my car to show it of but now its a hole fresh car. big thanks to tom and brian tonks for letting me have it painted at his place

engine. aan engine with aby manifolds on, 7a cams and powerflow exhaust.
    brakes. a4 1.8t 288 mm discs with a vacuum servo.
    drivetrain FWD NG Gearbox five stud hubs 1.8t fronts 200 rears
    Body. kami rear bumper, s2 front bumper, rear smoked lights and brake light in rear spoiler.

To do list
    S4 b5 side skirts.
    porsche mirrors.
    quattro.
    sport recaro seats,

thank you all for looking il keep adding pics has it comes along
    Attached Files

Looks like a good project so far, Nice colour choice.!
    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Looking good...
      Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

looking good. A bet a front wheel drive AAN is fun.

Comment

I recognise that ramp...

Was persisting down last time I was there too...

Comment

Originally posted by bazburn View Post
            I recognise that ramp...

Was persisting down last time I was there too...
            yeah, your car was last seen on it....crying petrol!...

Comment

Why the ng gearbox? Would the aan bolt up to a 7a gearbox? Do you have to adjust mounts or anything or does it mount on the existing mounting points?

Comment

very nice look forward to seeing more pic's soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mike20v View Post
                  Why the ng gearbox? Would the aan bolt up to a 7a gearbox? Do you have to adjust mounts or anything or does it mount on the existing mounting points?
                  Agree, ratio's on a 7a gearbox i'd have thought would be better.

Comment

i do think the 7a box will be better in the end but ng flys up the gears
                    it does bolt straight up with single mass fly wheel has a rule no mounts have to modified but its running a quattro subframe with the quattro gearbox mounts instead of the standed front wheel drive mount. Makes the gear change a lot more positive.
                    thanks for the comments cars now back at home and hopefully finished

Comment

i know it has bean a long time since i have updated this post but with a new job and everything else the car has moved in slow steps.

Body
                      first big change is gone from front wheel drive to a quattro. Brought a 90 20v quattro sport shell with no sun roof from farmer phil of hear. so all the engine and wiring loom had to be changed over to new shell.

Suspension
                      Its on coilovers all round from bambridge with bilstein front shocks and koni rear shocks.

Brakes and Wheels
                      s2 hubs with 996 brakes on front with drilled and grooved discs on. On the rear im running 300mm s4 discs and calipers and avus wheels to finish it of.

300 rears

996 fronts

It also now has rs2 mirrors

Exhaust
                      The latest problem I had was making the exhaust its a 3 inch system. The down pipe was from german ebay. The rest of the system is home made with one box at the rear.

And who said 3 inch exhaust is to load with only one box.

There is loads of other thing like short shift kit and other things. I will try to keep post up date has im trying to have a mad rush on to get it finished.

Next up find why it keeps going to limp mode then paint it the same blue the old shell was.

Comment

Working...
                      X