2 driveshafts

I don't know what to do with it now
    Shane

Supercharger....
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Wheel spin in 1st and 2nd on dry tarmac, I might just throw it around a track day or two and then see what happens.

Edit: I've never owned a v6 before, the effortless torque once you let up the clutch is really sweet.
      Shane

Comment

Shane what are you doing with a fast car like this?

Don't you have a Audi s2 ?
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
          Shane what are you doing with a fast car like this?

Don't you have a Audi s2 ?
          I bought it to break it for parts Tomas, but it's too good to break. I have an s2 "project car"
          Shane

Comment

I'm trying to picture you driving a convertible
            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
              2 driveshafts

I don't know what to do with it now
              Go to Halford's car park and do wheelspins with the other cool fwd kids?
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

..Yeah, its a pretty good car alright! (he got it from me), I felt bad taking a few bits off it when I had it.
                FYIs before you go for a spin today:
                1. You'll need to reconnect the coolant reservoir hose as it came loose when in the green car and I swapped it over.
                2. Also, the coolant min/max levels are different in each car and the one from my 2.0 16v now lives in your 2.6 coop. the one now in the 2.6 shows the max level at the join near the top of the reservoir. This is too high for the V6! The max level is about 2 thirds from the bottom which is much lower than the reservoir you now have ok?
                3. That car has basically been parked up in the open for about 3 years now, so go easy on the brakes if your taking it for a spin on the road and take a proper evaluation of them before going on track.
                4. Lastly, if you're parking it up I'd leave the handbrake off as when I got it, it had stuck on and we had to push the shoe off manually and it was a bit of a pain.

Other than that, the oily bits are A1 as far as I could tell and she'd be a hoot on track. The only reason I never went out was that its an 8 hour round trip!
                Enjoy it man!

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbeth View Post
                  ..Yeah, its a pretty good car alright! (he got it from me), I felt bad taking a few bits off it when I had it.
                  FYIs before you go for a spin today:
                  1. You'll need to reconnect the coolant reservoir hose as it came loose when in the green car and I swapped it over.
                  2. Also, the coolant min/max levels are different in each car and the one from my 2.0 16v now lives in your 2.6 coop. the one now in the 2.6 shows the max level at the join near the top of the reservoir. This is too high for the V6! The max level is about 2 thirds from the bottom which is much lower than the reservoir you now have ok?
                  3. That car has basically been parked up in the open for about 3 years now, so go easy on the brakes if your taking it for a spin on the road and take a proper evaluation of them before going on track.
                  4. Lastly, if you're parking it up I'd leave the handbrake off as when I got it, it had stuck on and we had to push the shoe off manually and it was a bit of a pain.

Other than that, the oily bits are A1 as far as I could tell and she'd be a hoot on track. The only reason I never went out was that its an 8 hour round trip!
                  Enjoy it man!
                  Hey welcome along,
                  All points duly noted. It's a 90's VW, the brakes were never going to be a strong point to be fair.

There are a few small items I want off it for my coupe, bits of trim, spare glass, spare seals, maybe the carpet so I'll have to see how many bits I can remove in the next week or so.
                  Shane

Comment

..Ha ha, does that mean I'll see you in Mondello on Friday?

Comment

it's sold out though I have sent a message to FM, octane off line so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
                      Shane

Comment

Working...
                      X