Hello from RS2 newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from RS2 newbie

Hi to all, have been lurking for a couple of weeks picking up some RS2 info.
    Following the sale of my beloved Cerbera, i collected my RS2 yesterday.
    All i can say is F**k me! does it go! amazing.
    spec:
    1995, polar silver/full black leather. LHD, 81000 miles, 2 owners from new, full german & uk Audi service history. Totally standard (apart from ecu chip(s)), even has the original Audi gamma Radio cassette! The car is unmarked, i was very suprised at just how new the car still looks.
    oh, everything works as it should, everything! (that may come as no suprise to you guys, but having had a TVR for the past 3 years, to me its a revelation!)

Will post pics asap

Cheers

Darren

I got mine at the beginning of the year with 82K and is used daily (20000 miles so far) and it still feels like new. Absolutely no problems at all - just routine servicing. I was thinking of a Cerbera 4.5 to replace another car - just how much of a nightmare are they to live with for reliability? Also how does the RS2 acceleration compare from behind the wheel. You'll notice a huge difference round corners in the wet!

Comment

Originally posted by RSBLURS2
      I got mine at the beginning of the year with 82K and is used daily (20000 miles so far) and it still feels like new. Absolutely no problems at all - just routine servicing. I was thinking of a Cerbera 4.5 to replace another car - just how much of a nightmare are they to live with for reliability? Also how does the RS2 acceleration compare from behind the wheel. You'll notice a huge difference round corners in the wet!
      Sorry for the delay in replying.
      The cerb was awesome through the gears, & the throttle response was instant. Just a great, great car.
      However.....
      you could open the bonnet twice weekly & still find things that need doing, fluids, bolts that came loose etc. I had a rather expensive engine rebuild at the factory ( took 3 months!), & a clutch can set you back nearly 2k. Go in to it with your eyes wide open & its not a problem, but stick to the v8 cars.

In comparison to the RS2, the cerb has instant throttle response in any gear at any revs, & such a direct feel that it does not feel dangerous in the wet (or snow!). The RS is taking some time to get used to, foot down hard, smoke fag, then F**k me!, & i find i'm easing off to slow down again.
      I think its the slight delay that i'm having trouble getting my head around.
      Any ideas for reducing the lag?

Darren.

Comment

You can go down the remap/tuning route OR do as many and learn to enjoy that big bang @ 3500 rpm. Usually run lower gears for given situation to compensate Enjoy
        Alastair
        RS2

Comment

Mihnea sells a torque reman. It has a ****e load of torque, just not alot of upper end hp.

I suspect it will feel alot more like your old v8. However you will have to give up some fun in the high end.

Talk to Mihnea.

Cheers
          Josh
          I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Working...
          X