My S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My S2

I've finally got round to taking a photo of my pride & joy after having it resprayed & tidied-up recently.
    Attached Files
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Very nice.

When you say resprayed, do you mean the whole lot or only bits. I am looking at having some done on my Avant and was wondering what experience others have had of paintwork and prices etc.
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

In the end it was everything apart from the roof and front bumper. I didn't intend to have as much sprayed but because I kept finding bits I wasn't happy with and because you have to blend with the next panel with metallic paint it made sense. In the end it cost me £600.
      Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Sounds like a good price to me. I've been quoted a lot more for a similar job. Mine is very similar in that there are a few bits but when you add them all up you might as well go the whole hog!

Did they remove any trim or windows to do it? My major concern is masking lines and overspray, which I do not want - I'd rather have the scratches and chips.

Leigh
        Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

£600 sounds like a bargain to me!! and from where I'm sitting, it looks damn good!!

Know what you mean though Leigh!! I need the bonnet, bumper, LH wing and LH rear door doing. No real damage, just niggly little bits. But if the job leaves masking marks etc, I won't have it done, no way!
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

They removed the rad grille & all the tailgate trim, i.e number plate plinth & rear lamps but didn't remove any windows or window trims.

There are no evident masking lines and the only overspray was on the bottom black rubber door mouldings which I have since got resprayed black along with the bottom of the bumpers. I'm satisfied with the job for £600.
            Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Working...
            X