Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search is failing. Who posted UrS4 Estate photos with RS6 grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search is failing. Who posted UrS4 Estate photos with RS6 grill?

It was just yesterday (or Tues). I asked for more info about the modified RS6 grill. Search refuses to find the post.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Just had a look for you dave but I can't find nothing with a rs6 bonnet grill, only a rs4 style bumper.

Can you remember anymore details about it or did you comment in the thread as looking threw your old posts I can't see no comments.

Comment

Originally posted by djh View Post
      Just had a look for you dave but I can't find nothing with a rs6 bonnet grill, only a rs4 style bumper. Can you remember anymore details about it or did you comment in the thread as looking threw your old posts I can't see no comments.
      It was just yesterday or Tuesday. Somebody (a regular poster), posted up photos of his dark blue or black UrS4 avant ("estate" in this case) with BBS wheels, red Brembos on the front and he mentioned that the grill was a modified RS6 grill and I replied, with a copy of the photo of the front of his UrS4 and asked for more info about the RS6 grill mods. I can't remember (or find) the thread that he posted in. It seems to have fallen off the main S2Forum Home page.
      Last edited by UrS4boy; 11 January 2013, 02:25.

Comment

Had a look for you as well, nothing at all
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

seems a lot of that has been happening lately. I've tried finding posts by other forum members that I KNOW have been posted before and they are no longer there.

Might be worth asking sonic to look into it.

Comment

Hello Dave, it was me! I did reply to you on quattroworld and my user name is the same.

Here's my original grill thread...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11866 - By the way forget the glue gun idea! It's fine for tacking in position but you need something stronger to attach the grill surround to the grill.

Here's my more recent thread with more car photos...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60346

Cheers!!
            '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin's S4 View Post
              Hello Dave, it was me! I did reply to you on quattroworld and my user name is the same.
              Really? It was there, not here? Oh man, sorry about that. Can't blame Search for not working then.

My *very* bad.

I'll follow your S2forum links. I enquired about the RS6 grill here (Canada) yesterday and they only have aluminium silver ones and they are like 300 GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                Really? It was there, not here? Oh man, sorry about that. Can't blame Search for not working then.

My *very* bad.

I'll follow your S2forum links. I enquired about the RS6 grill here (Canada) yesterday and they only have aluminium silver ones and they are like 300 GBP.
                Yeah it was on QW talking about putting an S4 bonnet (hood) on an S6.

Did they do a silver grill or is that just the surround? I ditched the RS6 surround and used the S4 one. That's a lot of money though!! I didn't pay that much I can tell you.

Comment

Yeah it was on QW talking about putting an S4 bonnet (hood) on an S6. Did they do a silver grill or is that just the surround? I ditched the RS6 surround and used the S4 one. That's a lot of money though!! I didn't pay that much I can tell you.
                  Sure, now I remember that QW thread. (Duh).

I don't know what I would get. Then PNs I tried were:

4B3853651G - 1L1 = radiator grill for models with plain moldings, aluminium matt

4B3853651H - 5PV = radiator grill for models with black moldings, black

The 651H isn't available in the system here.

Which PN did you use?

Comment

I'm not sure Dave. I suspect it's the first one as mine had the aluminium surround which I ditched. IIRC it was only the rare RS6 plus which had black grill surround. Maybe this is why that part is unavailable. Both grills should be the same shape with just different colour surrounds. I could have a look on the car to check for a part #.

Check out these 2 ebay links that I just quickly found...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Audi-R...item3cad82d788

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Audi-R...item3cad82d750

Comment

I'm not sure Dave. ...Check out these 2 ebay links that I just quickly found...
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Audi-R...item3cad82d788
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Audi-R...item3cad82d750
                      I was hoping you had the invoice for the dealer part.

Thanks for the links. The first one is

The second one is

Comment

Sorry. Unfortunately I'm not that organised.

Comment

Working...
                        X