Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 Coupe 1990 ideas

Afternoon all,

At the moment any modifications or money spending on the Coupe is all up in my head. However, just flicking through the bay, sets of 4x108 alloys are getting really cheap, and theres a few nice sets on there. Im of the understanding that the standard 15" Speedlines currently on the car are 6J with an offset of 37.

If im totally honest I have never really understood what all these numbers and letters actually mean in measurements.

Cutting the the point, what is the limit of my car ? iv'e found a set I like the look of, (not that im going to buy them) but it would be nice to know, the measurements of the wheels are 205 17" with an offset of 40 and a rim width of 7J .. would these fit ?

Also .. if i was going to lower the car slightly, how much would be recommended ? just to give it a subtle and slightly fatter stance, and what would be recommened in terms of spacers ?

Any input appreciated

Sam
    93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
    93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
    90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
    95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

There is quite a lot of wheel fitment info in this recent thread

"6J" is the rim width in inches. So for example 7.5J is 7.5" wide.
    ET is the distance from the hub mounting face to the wheel centre line. In effect a lower ET will push the face of the wheel out towards the edge of the arch.

Lowering wise, 30-40mm will be fine
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Id been half told that thats what "j" mesaurements were wasnt entirely sure, soo the lower the wheel the more the wheel will sick out effectively. and i was thinking 40 on the back and 30-35 on the front, the back end of coupes always look higher

all in the head at the moment though
      93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
      93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
      90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
      95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Comment

Offset (ET) depends on the width of the wheel, so its not that straight forward. For example with an 8J you can run about ET35 which fits great, but equally for a 7J rim you could run ET25 and the outer face of the wheel would sit roughly in the same place in the arch.

A very common & proven fitment is either 8Jx17 or 8Jx18 ET35 with a 225/45 R17 or 225/40 R18 tyre.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Cheers buddy, thanks for the heads up .. its all usefull to know

Thanks again

Sam
          93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
          93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
          90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
          95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Comment