Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miltek, fuel consumption and Andyplym...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miltek, fuel consumption and Andyplym...

I have a complaint to make, my fuel consumption is in tatters, the children deaf, the wife windswept and dishevelled and the Collie petrified... And its all Andy's fault... You see, we lovingly 'puurrrrchased' a Turbo back 3" Miltek system from Andy late last year, picking it up at Audi Driver International (Audi S2 with Thule top box on track for kiddie session).... Anyway, Since then its been cold, miserable and snowy, so the windows have been firmly closed...

But behold, warmth, and SUNSHINE...

And a rather mad sounding exhaust, rumbling and growling, cackling and popping.... It is mad, not over-the-top, but oh-so delightful up and down the revs.... Heaven.... And here in lies the problem you see, I've really started to appreciate the S2's 20vT base-note.... To the detriment of fuel economy and the family....

Andy... You've a lot to answer for....

Awesome mate, thank you....
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
    I have a complaint to make, my fuel consumption is in tatters, the children deaf, the wife windswept and dishevelled and the Collie petrified... And its all Andy's fault... You see, we lovingly 'puurrrrchased' a Turbo back 3" Miltek system from Andy late last year, picking it up at Audi Driver International (Audi S2 with Thule top box on track for kiddie session).... Anyway, Since then its been cold, miserable and snowy, so the windows have been firmly closed...

But behold, warmth, and SUNSHINE...

And a rather mad sounding exhaust, rumbling and growling, cackling and popping.... It is mad, not over-the-top, but oh-so delightful up and down the revs.... Heaven.... And here in lies the problem you see, I've really started to appreciate the S2's 20vT base-note.... To the detriment of fuel economy and the family....

Andy... You've a lot to answer for....

Awesome mate, thank you....
    Makes me wanna take mine out for a few minutes but it's wet outside and don't feel like re-polishing my rims afterwards
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Haha Any has Lots to answer for!!!

Comment

Remember that feeling well Ian,a feeling of liberation when you get rid of the rubbish,muted standard system and finally hear the engine for all its glory.Even better when the windows are down and the dog has his head out the window spraying slobber down the side of the car!
        Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
        Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
        Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Glad your happy Ian I think it's one of those things you'll wish you did a lot sooner !

Comment

PMSL, I have the same problem with the cutout valve. The missus did complain at the noise, as she thought it was synthetic but when I told her it was the natural sound of the engine, that seemed to be an acceptable explanation
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

think you got the "yeh whatever" there andy really.

running more power tightens the sound I think its fair to say.

Comment

Yeah had a cat-back Milltek and it really was a good upgrade. MikeS2 has it now.

Just wait until you get a 3" custom

That really blows the cobwebs out......!
                2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

I can't count the times I'm nearly home an decide to make a few more km's in the neighbourhood

Comment

How many times have I told my wife.....there was a traffic jam and I had to go the long way home?
                    2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                    1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Working...
                    X