• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new bracking system to my s2

hi here is my new brack system to my audi s2 limo
    Attached Files

Very nice...

Hope those discs are good as im going off X-Drilled discs... My Zimmerman Vented X-Drilled discs are developing small cracks around the drill holes.... they will be getting returned soon me thinks.

Def a v gd combination tho the AP Calipers and Ferodo pads!
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

how much it was ?
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Yes, nice calipers and you've definitely got the right pads there if they're the DS2500s...

@Ant - how long have you had your Zimmermans before they started cracking?
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

What size discs have you got there?

Comment

AP supply DS2500 now as part of their kits. Disks should be 330x32mm for the standard S2 kit: Drilled disks are usually an option with these kits as the standard disk finish is (used to be at least) grooved.
            1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
            Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

My discs have had less than 1yr of driving on them and its only day to day driving, never really had to really abuse them apart from possibly 3 or 4 occassions of stamping on the brakes but never continual abuse.
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Ant, you too with the Zimmermans eh?

I'm hearing alot of that happening over here in the States too. Maybe a bad batch from Zimmerman's factory?

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                  My discs have had less than 1yr of driving on them and its only day to day driving, never really had to really abuse them apart from possibly 3 or 4 occassions of stamping on the brakes but never continual abuse.
                  My crossdrilled zimmermans 322 mm have no signs of cracking (after 2 years of abuse) what so ever. They do wear quickly, but that can also be due to the pads.

My 0,02 euro
                  RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                  RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                  Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                  High Octane website

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                    I'm hearing alot of that happening over here in the States too. Maybe a bad batch from Zimmerman's factory?
                    In my opinion this is inherent in X-drilled discs, be they cast holes or post-cast drilled holes. Casting the holes will reduce the cracking rate a little I guess, but if you put holes in the discs, they'll crack eventually. Too many stress points in an already stressed environment.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
                      In my opinion this is inherent in X-drilled discs, be they cast holes or post-cast drilled holes. Casting the holes will reduce the cracking rate a little I guess, but if you put holes in the discs, they'll crack eventually. Too many stress points in an already stressed environment.
                      BINGO!!!!

i've never had x-drilled discs. had slotted for about 18 months on my mk3 golf before i sold it and they showed no signs of trouble, and i beat the snot outta that thing . right now both my cars have plain discs but that's because i didn't stop my mechanic in time! IMHO for the road, slots are much better because they don't develop cracks. i've heard too many stories of cracked x-drilled. not such a problem for track use or race use because you're probably gonna replace them often anyways.

it's just too much of a pain for a road car to change rotors every year.
                      1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

I'm in totally agreement, where's that guy who disagreed from another thread?

Comment

Working...
                        X