New member of the family :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member of the family :)

Good evening people, on wednesday of last week i spotted a car on the fleabay, contacted the guy and to my suprise he answered with a very silly buy it now price. So i traveled 60 miles with my old man and have just had this trailered back.

As you can see ... she is an L' reg 1993 registered B4 coupe. She is a 2.6 ABC Auto, shes done 99k miles and has an aftermarket body kit. Now she was originally white but has been re'sprayed in a previous life, i think this was probably done when the side skirts and doors were smoothed which i quite like. I AM NOT a massive fan of the rear bumper and this was also smoothed onto the original bumper. SHe has an aftermarket RS2 front bumper as you can see, along with clear indicators etc. All in all she is fairly clean and respectable, and only issues are the ABS light is on and there is a loose exhaust clamp. SHe started from cold on the button, ran really sweet and im glad to say i picked her up for £300 ! which im fairly happy about.

just thought id share a few before i start work !

many thanks

sam
    93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
    93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
    90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
    95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

you going to keep it as-is or put it back standardish?
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

The amount of work that's gone into the doors and door seals and bumper I'm probably going to leave it but tidy it up properly, it's all been smoothed in so to put it back to standard is a bit beyond my talents I'll clean it up and find a set of 18's hopefully, if not may just break it. Not totally decided yet

Sam
      93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
      93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
      90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
      95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Comment

For 300 GBP you should be arrested for armed robbery.

Looking at your photos, why am I thinking......

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

That made me chuckle ! A striking resemblence i must say !, like i mentioned above, im not a massive fan of the rear body kit, but its on there and matches in with the side skirts. If i can fabricate some sort of twin exhausts ... ?

And it gets better !!! .. the bloke i bought it from said there was an "ABS" light on and a problem with the ABS ... went through a few fuses, couldnt find anything wrong. I knew both break lights were out so i decided to replace the bulbs ... hey presto no more ABS light and the brakes are fine ? put a couple of cans of fresh petrol in and let her run up to temp, ran beautifully up to 90 and the fans kicked in as should .. I only bought this for parts but it seems too go to break ! .. set of 18" RS4's and ill be sorted !!

Sam
          93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
          93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
          90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
          95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Comment

Well done mate what a stroke of luck!
            1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
            2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
            2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

It's nice to get a bit of luck occasionally lol
              93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
              93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
              90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
              95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Comment

Well gang ! I have really landed on my feet with this one, stuck it in for mot on Saturday and she failed ... On a washer pump and a set of wiper Blades ... That was is it ! Taxed her thismorning and have covered about 40 miles today, all seems well and the gearbox is silky smooth. Engine pulls really well and really smooth, can't get over how quiet and peaceful it is, can barely notice the box changing gear and there are no nasty knocks or wobbles etc. Really really chuffed ! Only complaint I have is that at very low speeds ie creeping to a junction the brake pedal seems to judder and a get a springy/buzzy noise which I assume is the ABS, the car has been say for a while so could this just be scabby disks ? Other than that the brakes are square and decent. Any advice appreciates

Thanks
                Sam
                93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
                93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
                90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
                95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Comment

Great to hear

The ABS kicking in is likely to be dirty or cracked ABS rings.

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
                    Great to hear

The ABS kicking in is likely to be dirty or cracked ABS rings.
                    Cheers mate hope to have a proper look at the weekend, but as I didn't expect it to pass the mot I haven't really serviced or touched anything lol, all I done was replaced the wipers, the pump and a couple of bulbs, haven't even cleaned it properly yet !

Thanks again

Sam
                    93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
                    93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
                    90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
                    95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Comment

Great result , looking good
                      sigpic
                      Cab 2.3E
                      90q
                      URS6