My S2 and this amazing forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My S2 and this amazing forum!

I wasn't sure where to put this. I haven't been on here much over the last twelve months due to work commitments and family life etc, but wanted to once again thank everyone for helping me to maintain my S2 on a budget.

I had a long list of jobs at the start of this year most notably the cambelt service, which I had put off for far too long! It was with invaluable help and the loan of tools from this forum that I was able to start and complete the job at home on my own. This gave me the confidence and drive again to complete more outstanding jobs this year:

In no particular order:

Rewired the head unit feed correctly
    Added an MP3 feed to the stereo emerging from the rear ashtray
    rear wheel bearing replacement
    4 New Toyo's
    New thermostat
    full service
    Reseating NS front top mount
    New HID installation
    New alternator

Today it passed the MOT with no advisories. It is driving beautifully it still amazingly fast, turns heads of those in the know and still demands respect. I love it! I am emensly proud of my car and the part this forum has played helping me to get it to this level and maintain it there.

Sorry for such a waffling post but I wanted to bring people up to date, say hello and thank you all for you help and encouragement etc.....

Cheers

Steve
    Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 24 July 2013, 23:27.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

nice!

now you can sell it
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

Sorry for such a waffling post but I wanted to bring people up to date, say hello and thank you all for you help and encouragement etc.....

Cheers

Steve
      Don't worry, all my posts waffle more than this one.

Best wishes.

Comment

It must be catching this passing the Mot with no advisories.
        However a agree with you its the volume of help provided by the forum members that has helped me become so passionate about this particular model of car.

Comment

Same from me, thumbs up for this forum

Love how helpful everybody is and the fact that Pete @ Quattro Corner always has the parts you need
          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Yes, thanks to Pete at QC too. Excellent service as always....
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Its a great forum and everyone pulls together if you need help with anything. Am looking forward to hopefully one day comparing S2s Steve as yours looks VERY nice

Comment

I have no S2 to compare mine to, I feel so lonely on this island . Maybe one day I should come for ADI or something similar, road trip
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                  Its a great forum and everyone pulls together if you need help with anything. Am looking forward to hopefully one day comparing S2s Steve as yours looks VERY nice
                  Thank you. See you at the MRC rolling road day on Sunday?
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                    Thank you. See you at the MRC rolling road day on Sunday?
                    Can't make it Steve am opening a shop and I told the missus we would look at wedding venues don't think she would take kindly to a change in plans!!!lol

Comment

PICS! lol
                      NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

We should be thanking you for educating us on how to properly wash/detail a car and give us something to aspire to. Even if it does take me twice as long to wash it and freak out over every little imperfection, its all your fault
                        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I have been wondering where to post a big thank you to this forum so I'll take the liberty of hijacking Steve's thread.

Sadly, I said goodbye to our cherished S2 coupe last weekend but I'm happy that she's gone to a good home. In the 6 and half years of ownership, this forum has been an inspiration, great resource, and immense help. Its balance of technical information, assistance, humour, and banter are unequaled.

I joined here a couple of years before we bought the car, and I'm sure I'll be hanging around for a long while yet...
                          Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Hijack away Clive. Sorry to hear that you have had to let your S2 go. Once you have Joined you can never leave! Cheers Steve
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

Good to hear the love is still alive Steve! Yours is definitely one of my favourite S2's, pretty much perfect in every way and is a testament to your skills with the dirt eradication equipment and genuine passion for the marque.
                              Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Working...
                              X