My new wheels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new wheels...

I loved my B6 S4 and vowed to come back to one after selling mine in 2011 - with both my B3 and my B4 now sold on to pastures new, I tried a D2 S8 and B5 S4 and eventually settled on this baby...

It wont be long before Miltek racing downpipes and non-res back boxes are on the cards... plus new wheels!

Nice

Comment

Rumble rumble, slurp slurp, smile smile. Nice motor. Fair play.

Comment

Something is missing from the engine bay...................................... supercharger :

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
          Something is missing from the engine bay...................................... supercharger :
          I know, I know... maybe in future! lol

Comment

Nice looking B6 - mit solar roof - not seen one with that option before. We've got an Avant, they are a nice motor.
            I did a DIY for the downpipe change, its on SRS. Be advised it is a complete PITA of a job. Come to think of it ever job on the S4 is a PITA
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yeah, I originally gutted my pre-cats with the old one, then eventually went for a full miltex non-res with racing downpipes. I sounded mega, I will do the same with this one, then 19s, then tacklet the inlet side and short-shifter, then just enjoy!

This was the old one:

Fitment
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IUEkzIKxTA

Street Run
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu5MNypaIHs

Comment

I would caution 19s - the ride becomes pretty harsh and they eat the tyres due to the sheer weight on such a low profile tyre causes impact fractures in the bead and sidewall. We just took off 19s and went to 18s. So I do have a set of 19" RS4 reps here going spare
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  I would caution 19s - the ride becomes pretty harsh and they eat the tyres due to the sheer weight on such a low profile tyre causes impact fractures in the bead and sidewall. We just took off 19s and went to 18s. So I do have a set of 19" RS4 reps here going spare
                  Hmm, that explains the fractures I had on the old one on 19s with AEZ Tidore wheels on them, I didn't find the ride or tyre wear an issue, but the potholes in Milton Keynes at the time caused all manner of pain!

PM me with details of the RS4 reps though, may still consider if the price is right

Comment

Lee, cracking car mate

im with staying with the 18`s theory myself and i also love solar roofs, my B5 avants got one, super rare with digi climate.

keep the updates rolling buddy!
                    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Superb Lee! But definitely stick to the 18s, don't go any larger!
                      B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Nice motor, id like to change my car next year and I'm definitely temped by b6 ownership.
                        Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                        03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                        01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Cracking looking car!
                          And the exact spec that I was searching for too, before being tempted back to the way of the S2

Comment

Cheers guys, I know it's not a "classic" like the S2 but I've always held it as a fantastic drive and hankered after another one, timing was right and I pulled the trigger, only need one solid car for the new work stuff so made sense to get a comfy, solid, fast car, I can only describe the way it drives as a four door GT, the v8 is just so flexible in any gear

Comment

this makes me want to sell the s2 ..... i really like b6/b7's
                              NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Working...
                              X