Who here has a V8 UrS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    First question: Does the CMG 6 spd really have a 0.68:1 6th gear? (what RPM do you have on the clock at say 100 kph?)
    I'm currently running the CMG box on my 2.2T, the rpm at 100kmh is around 2300.

I have taken apart one box that came out from 1994 S4 V8 with narrow first gear, the ratio came out as 0.68.

Comment

urs4 v8

ok ,at 100 kph speedo is reading 2150 rpm,
      that is with 17 s4 rims with 235 45 17 winter tyres,
      lovely looking s4
      chris

Comment

Good for you Dave! Glad to see this car go to an enthusiast like you. Dibs when you get tired of it.
        Chris
        "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
          I'm currently running the CMG box on my 2.2T, the rpm at 100kmh is around 2300. I have taken apart one box that came out from 1994 S4 V8 with narrow first gear, the ratio came out as 0.68.
          2300 is what I get but that is for Chris's 245/45/17 wheels/tire combo. Anyway, very likely 0.68.

Hmm.... my friend Kate says the CMG has the 105H wider/necked first gear/mainshaft. However, as I discovered previously while checking RS2 CGRs versus CRBs, what Kate thinks now isn't necessarily what she thought back in the day. Too bad.

All that said, am I correct in thinking the CMG has an oil pump and that the transmission oil goes through the radiator for cooling/initial heating?
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by CAANUCK View Post
            Nice new ride Dave! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing it. Volcano black is the best but I'm biased.....
            Yeh, we'll be twins of sorts. Same mother, different father. All black interior. My fave too. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

(for non-Canadians, CAANUCK has a volcano black RS2 one of the few RS2s in Canada).
            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

2300 is what I get but that is for Chris's 245/45/17 wheels/tire combo. Anyway, very likely 0.68.
              This is indeed a bit bigger than normal 245/40R17 UrS6 should have. My numbers came from what i have seen from the instrument cluster, those cluster readings for speed and rpm are anyway more like suggestion instead of accurate data
              My diagnostic cable refuses to speak with the, so i can't create a log for you.
              Hmm.... my friend Kate says the CMG has the 105H wider/necked first gear/mainshaft. However, as I discovered previously while checking RS2 CGRs versus CRBs, what Kate thinks now isn't necessarily what she thought back in the day. Too bad.
              My current box also has 105H mainshaft. I have no info when the mainshaft was changed for CMG, i have had both versions but didn't write down the part number before. If i find anything in the photo album i'll post that later.

All that said, am I correct in thinking the CMG has an oil pump and that the transmission oil goes through the radiator for cooling/initial heating?
              That is correct, the oil pump is connected to the front diff via gearset (also the front diff casing/bellhousing is different because of that). The oli is fed trough main radiator, (AFAIK all C4 radiators have gearbox cooling channels intergrated) mostly used for automatic gearbox cooling but on V8 models also for the manual box cooling. After the radiator oil is fed back to the rear torsen case.

Comment

Working...
              X