My C4, getting some jobs done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My C4, getting some jobs done

I had a bit of time and started a few jobs on the A6.

I removed the air box and fitted my induction kit, I went for a drive and it was an improvement but I felt it was a bit small. To get a bit more surface area I dug out an old filter that came off a Grp A Sierra, so should flow enough for the old ACK! By chance this also freed up some space for the next job.

The engine smokes a bit sometimes and is one of the reasons I got it so cheap. It was also leaking from (or being blown out of) the cam cover gaskets and the filler cap seal!

I removed the small breather pipe between the two cam covers and its blocked solid with gunk. Its cleaned out now and I have kept it for if I want to return to standard. The rest of it wont be much better. I decided to make use of some of the crap that is taking up space in my shed and change the breathers a bit. I put a hose on each cam cover and t pieced together into a big catch tank

The Catch tank fits down in the lower corner ok and the pipes just go round the fan cowling

I ran out of black hose, will tidy up and finish up a bit neater soon and I still have 1 bracket to make and weld on for the tank.
    The engine cover needs a trim! Took the corners off for the pipes to clear

Now refit the air filter on top, the cold air feed from the grill is still there, all the cold air gets trapped and only way out is through the filter

Temporarily back together, will finish properly soon when I have all matching pipe and clips and sort the last few bits...

So far, it still puffs out a little smoke now and again but not bad, it doesn't use as much oil now and its not leaking out the top.

It has a nice rumble between 2-3k rpm but the real difference is between 5-6.8k rpm. The noise turns to a very vocal growly roar and the engine revs a bit cleaner and pulls very well now! I love the sound she makes now, did I mention that?
Working...
X