L925 HYK Nothelle N300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L925 HYK Nothelle N300

Does anyone have any history of this car. Its a silver Avant. Previous registrations of
    H1 PSX and JIA 30.

Someone spent a lot of money on it at Dialynx in 2003. Hybrid turbo, RS2 exhaust manifold, RS2 Injectors, RS2 Intercooler and a remap. Pervious owners names are Andy Sykes, Richard Hill, David Hill and Stephen Green.

Any info would be great.

Thanks Christian.

This is going to be interesting.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Any reason?

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70690

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/newrepl...reply&p=788101

That's what I bought, although I have got rid of the steering wheel and put in pair black front seats now. Just looking for a set of wheels now.

Comment

Originally posted by xstian View Post
            Any reason?
            Finding out a special cars history given that there apeared to be none when sold recenlty to you. I can never understand why a cars history disappears. I love my cars too much to loose their histories if indeed they were supplied to me in the first place as is not always the case despite promises ref my S6:
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

The link you provided is not working.
              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I'm not sure how to edit it, but the link above is the advert for the car. I have quite a lot of paper work and history for the car, just interested to hear from any past owners. What happened to the wheels and steering wheel etc. I think the car was owned by scott's for the first 2 years and 30,000 miles. Did anyone buy a N300 new or have a test drive in one? The black and grey seat seem unusual.

Comment

It does seem unusual alright. But over the years cars can get modified a lot , especially if their perceived value is low .

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...1&postcount=22
                  Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Unfortunately this vehicle has effectively been de-Nothelled over the years.
                    Most, if not all that made it a N300 has either been replaced, perhaps for good reason (cost) or possibily sold on to cash in on the cache. I can't be absolutely sure but I remember a very similiar car at Castle Combe one year having a very nice set of electrically operated Recaros in the front. That would explain the odd seats.
                    Not sure how you can verify what Nothelle options it had originally unless Scotts can help.

Comment

Well done. I wonder where the wheels have got to. I'm glad the rear spoiler and bumper are no longer on it.

Comment

I agree it does seem odd to get rid of all the nothelle parts. The only part left is the cylinder head, and that had a head gasket done a year and a half ago, so there is no telling if that is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by xstian View Post
                          I agree it does seem odd to get rid of all the nothelle parts. The only part left is the cylinder head, and that had a head gasket done a year and a half ago, so there is no telling if that is still there.
                          To be honest I thought it was a bit cheeky advertising it as a N300 as so much has gone AWOL!
                          Anyway, presumably you checked the engine number on the head against the log book. Should be possible to see if the engine number is consistant with the age of the vehicle.

Comment

I said it would be interesting.
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I don't think they stamp the engine number on the cylinder head. The car is mechanically sound, other than a few odd jobs here and there, which you get with every old car. I was more disappointed that after traveling from Norwich to Bristol, to find the paint work on the car very poor. The body work is sound and pretty rust free, but its going to need repainting to ever make it look any thing. I was told before traveling it was just age related marks. On a plus point I had it on a dyno last week to check it was running safely and it made 331bhp and 321 lbft torque.

Comment

Working...
                              X